Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

HERO 2 died after 3 hours of service

Dear GoPro customer support,

I tried to fix my camera myself as you suggested with new firmware but finaly I gave up and took it to official GoPro Shop in Belgrade. They put new software and camera worked... for couple of hours.

I did not use it for a while and when I tried to use it again and it turned off by itself. When I took it to the Shop they told me that it is very common for HERO 2 to stop working if you don't turn it on at least once a month! I was shoked to hear such a thing... but I left it in a shop so they can try to fix it again. 

Unfortunatly they told me that this time sensor is bad and that there is nothing they can do...

So, I'm just wrighting to you to let you know that I'm dissapointed with this camera. I think that I made less then 3 hours of video in total with it and it died...

I hope that your latest models are better because there was nothing HEROic with this one.

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: HERO 2 died after 3 hours of service

I hear ya. we all have camera'ssitting in drawers for many years.  Can not blame gopro on this. they will be mor then happy  to trade up your Hero and get you wit hthe latest and greatest  camera good luck

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Backpacker

you do realise the camera is almost 7yrs old

Highlighted
Sightseer

yes, after 6 years spent in the draw because it would not start or in the service shop where they tried to make it turn on, Hero 2 finaly gave up and after 3 hours of active service (recording) it died of old age...

Salute
Highlighted
Adventurer

I hear ya. we all have camera'ssitting in drawers for many years.  Can not blame gopro on this. they will be mor then happy  to trade up your Hero and get you wit hthe latest and greatest  camera good luck