Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

HELP ME: Replace my device while traveling! (Replacement Approved:CASE #: 07358780)

The intention of this message is to have my Go Pro hero 7 black replaced, as well as to express my ill feelings toward the Go Pro warranty replacement process. 

CASE #07358780

-

I have been traveling for 12 months, documenting my travels by creating videos in each country I visit (15 countries so far, 2 countries of which I have been forced to rely on my phone camera).

My GoPro Hero 7 Black suddenly stopped working about a month ago. The device does not recognize a battery when inserted (I have tried my three, as well as new ones in-store).  After troubleshooting as per the Go Pro website suggests, I had no luck. On December 18, 2019, I contacted Go Pro support from Vietnam. 

After two hours on the phone, here is the information I was given: Go Pro has identified (through troubleshooting and me uploading videos of the device not functioning properly) that Go Pro will replace the device. HOWEVER, Go Pro will not provide crossborder warranty replacement. Bought in the US -- must be replaced in the US. Therefore, I am ineligible to mail my device into Go Pro for replacement. 

GO PRO'S SUGGESTIONS:

1) Mail it to a friend or relative in the US to have them mail it into Go Pro. Go Pro will mail them the replacement device and my friend or relative can mail it back to me.  

2) Hold onto the device (or mail it to my house where it will sit outside on the porch), until I return to the US in 8 months and Go Pro will replace it then. 

After spending $400 on a device, I expect when it all of a sudden stops working that Go Pro would replace the device. I would like to note that I am not here for anything free. I simply want the device fixed so that I can resume making my travel videos. 

Can someone help me?  I have owned every number of the Go Pro (except the newest 8) and have been a loyal customer. Here is my cry for help. Thank you! 

-Brandon Alexander 

North Carolina (currently in Taiwan)

Adventurer

Re: HELP ME: Replace my device while traveling! (Replacement Approved:CASE #: 07358780)

GoPro gave you an Option,  Shipping  to/from will cost you how much?

and you miss out on all those Shots .   

Tourist

Re: HELP ME: Replace my device while traveling! (Replacement Approved:CASE #: 07358780)

fishycomics, 

I do not have this option, really. 1)I don't have anyone back home who will do this for me, and 2)this will also involve me shipping a $400 camera to an untrusted address. 

-Brandon Alexander

Adventurer

the Warranty will Expire  its your option to   see what works best for you.  I Auction off the camera on Ebay., and  find a new one with the understanding of  the warranty, and or buy a New/used one and accept the Losses, because that is the only option I have.  

I guess GoPro is not as Big as we think they are.