Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

HDR and Raw 360 photos for Hero Max

[ New ]
Hello, I am a real estate photographer and drone pilot, long time owner of GoPro products. I do love my new Max it is a very impressive camera. However it seems like it is capable of more. It had the ability to manually bracket but no HDR functionality. Can we get an updated firmware to support that feature in the 360 photo format? Is raw an option for future firmware updates? This camera would be an industry changer if these functions were available.
GoPro

Re: HDR and Raw 360 photos for Hero Max

[ New ]

We appreciate the feedback, @onepunchndown. We will pass this along to the team. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

I see your question about HDR. Maybe you know how to create a HDR from bracket photo's?

Normal I would open Camera RAW, open like three images (-1,0,+1) and merge them together in one easy step.

But the 360 images do not contain enough metdata (like exposure, shutterspeed etc etc, only f/2,8). 

Do you have a way of creating HDR with the MAX on an easy way?

Thank you

Sightseer

[ New ]

I have the same pb, I was already able to create hdr with other devices just by doing the classic technique onlightroom, but i cant do it with go pro pictures

Nomad

[ New ]

actualy...

You give the answer in your question.

ANY photoeditor like corel or adobe has a option for HDR merge...

i create "3 fake HDR" image by manuel seting the exposure, and let the HDR tool do the rest.

the outcome is magic..

Tourist

[ New ]
I agree that would be a great feature to bring the Max to a whole new level for vr photo content
Tourist

[ New ]

I would also like the ability to have the RAW 360 Photosimage for 3D HDRI. I agree with others that shooting (-1,0+1) didn't work out as well as I had hoped and would like to export the RAW 360 image for manipulation/3D.

Has there been any news about adding this feature?

GoPro

[ New ]

We do not have any update about it, @andrewjac. We have shared the issue with the product team and we will definitely post about it if we get new information. Thanks!