Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Gro Pro Hero 8 Failed in Water

I was on holiday and had been using the go pro previously in water and it was fine. 

I then go into water on another day and the go pro failed. I couldnt turn it on, the battery didnt work, it wont charge. 

I have been trying to get in contact with go pro ever since (about 2 weeks now) and have heard nothing! I would like to know what can be done as this must be a faulty device as it is supposed to be water proof. 

Please let me know what to do or how to get in contact as the online chat doesnt work and i have requested a call back 2 weeks ago and am still awaiting a response. 

Thank you. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Gro Pro Hero 8 Failed in Water

buenas, a mi me pasa algo parecido.empiezo a grabar y cuando la apago para no estar grabando todo el rato luego no hay manera de volver a encenderla

Highlighted
Sightseer

That's very similar to what happened to me. Have you tried to contact Go Pro to complain?
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @hannahe30 @patoli

Since it was used underwater, kindly check the camera and the battery to see if there are any residues.

Please go over the steps on HERO8 Black - Will Not Power On

Make sure that the camera is all dried up before proceeding.

If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Our team is currently working through a volume of contacts, response time may be slightly longer than usual. We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks!

Ej