Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Green-scale photos in bright light

Hi, I have a Hero 3 that is getting quite old but still works like new. I do time lapses with the timed photos and sometimes, in bright light, the whole photo will become a dark, greyscale photo, but green. It will be for one photo seemingly random. The green photo will show up about 1 in every 20 pictures and isn't that big of a deal except I usually do time lapses of about 5000 pictures and weeding through them all takes forever.  The pictures I put in here are from the same run of pictures, right next to each other, 5 seconds apart. I know my cameras getting old but it seems to have the same great color and all and I cannot figure out what happened to it. If anybody has ahd this problem and expecially if they have figured it out, i would love to hear.G0038406.JPGG0038407.JPG

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Green-scale photos in bright light

Hi @hardygorge27303,

It looks like there could be an issue with the sensor on that camera, or possibly an issue with the firmware.

I would recommend manually updating that camera to see if you can get that resolved. https://gopro.com/update/hero3

Also what SD Card are you using with that camera?

Cheers,

Ryan

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hi @hardygorge27303,

It looks like there could be an issue with the sensor on that camera, or possibly an issue with the firmware.

I would recommend manually updating that camera to see if you can get that resolved. https://gopro.com/update/hero3

Also what SD Card are you using with that camera?

Cheers,

Ryan

Tourist

Ok, I'll try updating the camera. I have to get an sd card adapter first due to the camera being in read mode right now. I am using a 64gig sandisc. The card holds more storage than the camera knows. It goes more than the 10hrs or whatever but has worked so far (about 2 years)