Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Gps not working properly

[ New ]
Hi.
I bought a new Goprohero 9 in November 2020 and i am really happy in general but the GPS is not working properly. Actually it worked only once. I followed many forums and I noticed that there is a problem reported for the GPS and hero9.
Please let me know if any solution found.

Kind regards

Kostas
GoPro

Re: Gps not working properly

[ New ]

Hi @ntits

Were you able to run a manual update? See https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero9-black

When initiating a recording with GPS, it is best to turn the camera on from the Mode button first instead of doing it via Quikcapture.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Hello Aragon1006,
Thank you for your reply. The tricky thing with your suggestion is that I need to press 3 times the mode button in order to come to video and then press the Quick capture. And if I have the camera on the helmet or on the kite surfing stick I need to take it off every time I want to record, in order to be sure that I am on the right mode.
But in any case I will try it and I will let you know.

Regards

Kostas
Tourist

[ New ]
Hi aragon1006,

Unfortunately I had the same experience on my windsurfing session on Saturday, I tried the camera by pressing the mode button instead of quick, I captured about 10 videos of 6-8 minutes. No GPS data in any of the videos.
Moreover I noticed that the camera stack. The mode and the quick button couldn’t work. It happened a few times so I had to remove the battery to put the camera back to function. I have also a video on my phone with that issue.
Please, if you don’t have any other suggestion, I would like to send the camera for further check.

Regards
Kostas
Sightseer

Betreff: Gps not working properly

[ New ]

Ich habe das gleiche Problem mit den GPS. Obwohl die Kamera das GPS Symbol "weiß" anzeigt und somit eingentlich ein GPS Signal hat, wird mir in der App angezeigt, das keine GPS Daten vorhanden sind. 

@ntits  schrieb:
Hi.
I bought a new Goprohero 9 in November 2020 and i am really happy in general but the GPS is not working properly. Actually it worked only once. I followed many forums and I noticed that there is a problem reported for the GPS and hero9.
Please let me know if any solution found.

Kind regards

Kostas

Sightseer

Betreff: Gps not working properly

[ New ]
... ich habe das gleiche Problem!
GoPro

Re: Betreff: Gps not working properly

[ New ]

Hello, @ntits and @berndk6413. The GoPro App not detecting the GPS data could be a case of an intermittent GPS lock during the recording. If you have already gone through recommended troubleshooting steps, to no avail, please let our Support team know. This way, they can help you with the next steps. 

To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. Be sure to put in your best contact number. 

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that you are not blocking cookies and have your pop-up blocker disabled.