Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Got a new GoPro Hero 9?

[ New ]

If you have a new GoPro Hero 9, you may have noticed there are a few issues that are currently being worked on.  One of the big ones was disabling the external GoPro mic adapter.  However, there is some good news on the horizon.  GoPro have release some timelines of the fixes they are working on, and although not set in stone, it's great to know they are addressing these issues.:

Oct. 22 – Firmware Update

• Touchscreen Sensitivity – increased sensitivity to better register taps and swipes.
  • Image Quality Improvements  
    • Improved correction for colored dots (or pixels) in video modes, including TimeWarp, time lapse and LiveBurst, especially with lower ISO settings
    • Protune Medium Sharpness has been fine-tuned for 4k video modes
  • Connectivity – bug fix keeps GoPro app pairing on point.

Nov. – v1.5 Firmware Release

• Slow-Mo Shortcut – introducing a new slow-mo shortcut option for rear display.
  • HyperSmooth 3.0  we’re improving HyperSmooth performance even more in colder temperatures. 
  • External Mic –  connectivity enabled for the 3.5mm Mic Adapter.

What about a Remote Control?  – YES, you can use voice commands and the GoPro app to control your HERO9 Black, but sometimes you just need that handy remote to make the magic happen at the right time. We are developing a new Remote Control for HERO9, as the previous GoPro Smart Remote is not compatible. Stay tuned to The Inside Line for availability of the new Remote.

Hopefully after that, GoPro can work on the GPS issues with the Hero 9.  However, I would like to thank GoPro for communicating with their customers and giving us a timeline for fixes they are working on.  So don't forget to keep checking The Inside Line to see what else is in the pipe:

https://gopro.com/en/us/news

GoPro

Re: Got a new GoPro Hero 9?

[ New ]

Hello, @irishmanpdx. The Product team is already looking into the GPS issue. A ticket has been created and we have shared the links to posts in the Hub regarding user observations. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

"HyperSmooth 3.0  we’re improving HyperSmooth performance even more in colder temperatures."

For colder temperatures?

Would be better to improve Hypersmooth under bad light conditions (low light, cloudy days etc.). There are the same issues like the Hero 7 had.

So why not improve Hypersmooth at all instead of improving only at colder temperatures...

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks @lumpenlarry

We'll have this shared with the team.

Nomad

[ New ]
Please also look into the auto white balance been overly warm/yellow. Alot of people have complained about, myself included..
Tourist

[ New ]

That's right, you shouldn't use white balance on "auto". The results are not okay in my opinion. Set it to whatever, but not to "auto".

Edit: And it's good that you'll fix the sharpness settings... I hope you'll find a good sweetspot between sharpness and smoothness!

Tourist

[ New ]
  • "Protune Medium Sharpness has been fine-tuned for 4k video modes"

Does this change only belongs to 4k videos or will it have an overall effect no matter which resolution has been choosen?

Hiker

[ New ]

It's great that you are fixing the hot pixels problem in videos (including timelapse and timewarp I hope), but could you please tell the Product Team to fix the hot pixels problem in photos too?  I definitely get a **bleep**load of them in photos that are not even "long exposures" (by that I mean more than a second exposure).

I have photos taken at ISO between 200 and 400, with shutter speeds of 1/15, 1/60 of a second that are full of red (and some blue) dots.  Of course you can't notice them if you only shoot in bright daylight, but when it's dark they become very visible and extremely frustrating!

Thanks for your help!