Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Gorpro Fusion does not power on

[ New ]

Hi Everybody,

this is strange. I turned on my fusion and it said: low battery. I than charged the battery outside the camera and now the fusion does not power on anymore. No blinks of the red lamp. nothing. I connected it to an USB C Charger and my Computer. Nothing. It gets warm after a while as if would load the battery. I formatted the sd-cards. 

Any hints? 

Steve

GoPro

Re: Gorpro Fusion does not power on

[ New ]

Hi @monokultur

Sorry for any troubles caused, Please go over these instructions to get your Fusion to power on again:

1. Disconnect the camera from any external power source and remove SD card. Remove, then reinsert the battery.
2. Press the Mode button (side) for 2-3 seconds to see if the camera responds (look for LED illumination, beeps, or a response from the camera’s screen).
3. If there's no response, attempt to reset camera by pressing and holding the Mode Button for 8-10 seconds. After releasing the button, leave the camera alone for ≈5 seconds and attempt to get a response from the camera by pressing the Mode Button.
4. If still unable to get any sign of life from camera, remove and reinsert the battery, then connect Fusion to a 5V 2A wall charger (5V 1A minimum) using the GoPro USB Type-C cable, look for red LED illumination to indicate charging.

• If the red LED does not illuminate:
    • Remove the cable, then battery from the camera. Wait for ≈5 seconds before proceeding.
    • Reinsert the battery then wait for ≈5 seconds before proceeding.
    • Reinsert the cable then give the camera ≈5 minutes for the red LED to illuminate. 

5. If/when red LEDs illuminate, allow camera to remain charging for a few minutes.
6. Remove the camera from charging source and attempt to get a response from the camera by pressing the Mode Button.
7. If the camera is responsive, power the camera off, then connect the USB cable to illuminate the red LED and allow the camera to fully charge--you should be good to go!

Let us know how it goes.

If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team for assistance through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, thanx for your reply. I tried it all. Sadly nothing works. The Fusion does not power on nor does the lamp blink. 

Can you help please? It seems the Fusion is broken somehow

Stephan

GoPro

[ New ]

@monokultur, if the issue persists after going through the suggested troubleshooting steps, please let our Support team know so they can help you with the next steps. Ensure to have your camera and proof of purchase ready for any information that they may need. You may reach them by phone or chat.

Tourist

[ New ]

I tried to reach the support in Germany.  But neither phone nor chat are staffed. Nobody reachable. What to do? A 700 eur purchase and nobody is there to help?

stephan 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @monokultur. Please make sure that you are contacting Support during hours or operation. If you already are, and still unable to connect, try using a different phone line as not all networks allow calling to international toll free numbers. You may also try changing the chosen country/location (see upper right portion of the contact page) and see if you will be able to initiate a chat conversation. Let us know how it goes. 

Tourist

[ New ]

I am really disappointed. The german hotline and chat tells always "out of business hours" even if it should be open. So now come on Gopro Folks. I want a solution NOW. Whom to contact? Where to send my obviously defect Fusion?

Stephan

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @monokultur

Please see if changing the location to US will make a difference.

On the upper right hand side, select US as the location then initiate a chat session.

This should get you through.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!
Ej