09-14-2017 12:55 AM
Hi GoPro support staff / fans,
I just came back from vacation and can finally care about my GoPro Hero 4 Silver that has an issue.
The issue is that the backlight of my touch screen is no longer working (for no obvious reason: Had no damages/drops/external impacts/high temperature/high humidity or similar issues before).
I can still see the image itself when the camera is turned on. It seems like having turned the illumination / backlight completely off.
What I did so far without solving the issue:
- Tried different batteries (all fully charged, also partly charged ones)
- Tried a different SD card
- Refreshed the firmware
- Pushed the button for turning off/on the display (tiny and seemless button at the lower left corner of the back screen)
- Toggled through all possible settings (especially regarding the display and power)
- Made a complete reset of the camera
I googled a lot during the last few days and I could not find any solution for my problem.
This is why I decided to post the issue here hoping to get positive response and finally a solution for it.
Looking forward to receive your answers and proposal.
Cenk (from Germany)
09-29-2017 10:14 AM