Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GorPro Hero 4 Silver - touch screen - illumination / backlight not working

Hi GoPro support staff / fans,

I just came back from vacation and can finally care about my GoPro Hero 4 Silver that has an issue.

The issue is that the backlight of my touch screen is no longer working (for no obvious reason: Had no damages/drops/external impacts/high temperature/high humidity or similar issues before).

I can still see the image itself when the camera is turned on. It seems like having turned the illumination / backlight completely off.

What I did so far without solving the issue:

- Tried different batteries (all fully charged, also partly charged ones)

- Tried a different SD card

- Refreshed the firmware

- Pushed the button for turning off/on the display (tiny and seemless button at the lower left corner of the back screen)

- Toggled through all possible settings (especially regarding the display and power)

- Made a complete reset of the camera

I googled a lot during the last few days and I could not find any solution for my problem.

This is why I decided to post the issue here hoping to get positive response and finally a solution for it.

Looking forward to receive your answers and proposal.

Br,

Cenk (from Germany)

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GorPro Hero 4 Silver - touch screen - illumination / backlight not working

Hi Cenk,

@makeitahabit

If you are still having some issues with that camera our Support Team may be able to help. You can get in touch by Phone or Chat: https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus

Best,

Ryan