Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

GoproHero7Black Battery overheats - replacement?

Hi,

I've inserted one of my original batteries to the HEro 7 black with 100% charge rate and I've recognised after 15-20 minutes that the

whole camera is hot and the battery level droped to ~50%.

I hope it is only the battery and not the camer. I am going to tets it with my other battery, but if it is the battery how can you replace it?

Thanks.

Tamas

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoproHero7Black Battery overheats - replacement?

Hello @tamask6.

If it is determined to be a battery issue, our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs will be able to help. Let us know how it works out with the other battery. 

While you are testing, please make sure that the camera is updated to the latest firmware. If you haven't done it yet, try a a manual update. This will clear out any possible issue with the current installation. See instructions under Manual Update here  for a guide. 

Also make sure that you are using a recommended SD card  as a non- recommended one could trigger overheating by causing the camera to work harder. This could happen even when the camera is not recording and just doing some background process. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @tamask6.

If it is determined to be a battery issue, our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs will be able to help. Let us know how it works out with the other battery. 

While you are testing, please make sure that the camera is updated to the latest firmware. If you haven't done it yet, try a a manual update. This will clear out any possible issue with the current installation. See instructions under Manual Update here  for a guide. 

Also make sure that you are using a recommended SD card  as a non- recommended one could trigger overheating by causing the camera to work harder. This could happen even when the camera is not recording and just doing some background process. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Adventurer

the Hero 7 black is a   a camera  is tweaked differently and uses more Horsepower. a good reason to see a drop in battery life and heat.  Also try   l to set the camera to  more conservitave way good luck.

call or chat to gopro they only replace once a battery

Highlighted
Tourist

And what is the normal battery life for Hero 7 black in minutes @ 1080 / 100 ?
One of my battery is defenatley wrong but i dont know the camera since i only can record arond 45 mintes with a battery.
Highlighted
Explorer

40-55 minutes at 1080p/100fps is the expected battery life for the HERO7 Black.
Highlighted
Explorer

https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/hero7-battery-information (These are NTSC. The PAL equivalent to 1080p/120fps is1080p/100fps)
Highlighted
Tourist

Yes those are the offical ones :). Am curious for the user experience ;)