Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Gopro9 connectivity problem

[ New ]

Hi,
I purchased the Gopro9 from an authorized reseller on September 21.

I have only used the camera as a webcam and it was working fine for over a week. The problem is that now it disconnects and shows that it is connected only as USB. I have changed the cable and connected it to different ports, but the problem persists.

The GoPro Webcam desktop tool, on the status bar, shows a red dot. In addition, a message appeared saying that a connectivity problem had occurred.

It is already clear that it is a problem with the connection of the camera (hardware) due to a use (USB connection) that has not been well tested over time in such circumstances (webcam).

Since it has been impossible to contact Gopro web support, I will contact the reseller to send the camera to the technical warranty service.

GoPro

Re: Gopro9 connectivity problem

[ New ]

Hi @gpjulio

Please make sure that the USB connection is set to GoPro Connect.

Check out these links for reference:

Camera is not Recognized when Plugged into a Computer USB Port

GoPro Webcam FAQ and Troubleshooting

If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Of course it has been connected in Gopro connection mode.
I will try again with web support. Tanks.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi,
It happens that four days I read everything I could about it, tried different settings, reinstalled all the camera-related programs, tried different cables and ports on the PC. In the end there was no case that the camera worked for more than a few minutes. It was enough to change its position a couple of centimeters to stop working and return to USB status.

It worked well for the first few days and I was able to use it to go live several times. As is understood, after the problem I can no longer trust that the camera can use it without interruptions, and that, for me is very important.
It had never occurred to me that a camera caused so much trouble either for one thing or another.

The last thing I did was check the GoProWebcamDebugInfo but I no longer have the time and energy to invest in researching or waiting for things to become clear about what is causing the problem.

In the end the best thing was to return it. I will also cancel the order the accessories that I have been waiting for months. I received a last notification of delay so the situation is clearly untenable.

Well, that was all about the camera.

Regards

Sightseer

[ New ]

@gpjulio wrote:

Hi,
I purchased the Gopro9 from an authorized reseller on September 21.

I have only used the camera as a webcam and it was working fine for over a week. The problem is that now it disconnects and shows that it is connected only as USB. I have changed the cable and connected it to different ports, but the problem persists.

The GoPro Webcam desktop tool, on the status bar, shows a red dot. In addition, a message appeared saying that a connectivity problem had occurred. mykfcexperience 

It is already clear that it is a problem with the connection of the camera (hardware) due to a use (USB connection) that has not been well tested over time in such circumstances (webcam).

Since it has been impossible to contact Gopro web support, I will contact the reseller to send the camera to the technical warranty service.

In this case, just go to the gopro support center. Do not try anything by yourself, bcoz in this question if u try anything and up to 1% of failure occurs for you complications can increase. So just contact the gopro support center

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for your comment.
I already contacted the support, through the chat, and they sent me links to different articles which I had already read. At the end I told them that it would be best to return the camera to the reseller and they thought I could do it. So I did it.
By the way, what do you mean by the link (kfc survey) that you added in the comment reply?

Tourist

[ New ]

Update: I have received a replacement camera from the reseller. Now everything is working very well.

Highlighted
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for posting back with an update, @gpjulio. Let us know if anything else comes up.