Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Gopro8 240fps no sound when playback

When I shoot GoPro8 on 1080p 240fps, video plays back perfectly, but import does not recognize the sound.

Strangely, on gopro playback too, it plays some audio with very low volume compared to 4K 60fps or any other mode that is not 240fps, and when I import it, sound is just gone.

How can I get sound on 240fps mode?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Gopro8 240fps no sound when playback

When you say import - what software are you importing to. 

If you can hear the sound track on the camera then it sounds like it's something to do with your software,

Have you tried a video player on your computer.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Tourist

it indeed was import, however; the main problem was firmware. I updated firmware, and all problems were solved. Strange. Thank you!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Hiker

When you say import - what software are you importing to. 

If you can hear the sound track on the camera then it sounds like it's something to do with your software,

Have you tried a video player on your computer.

Highlighted
Tourist

it indeed was import, however; the main problem was firmware. I updated firmware, and all problems were solved. Strange. Thank you!

Highlighted
Hiker

Exactly. I went through this same problem at 240fps. There was very low sound and I thought I might have had to trade back in for the Hero 7. I updated the firmware and all problems were fixed.

Highlighted
Hiker

Exactly, I just went through this problem maybe a week ago when I got the camera.