Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Gopro7 black videos won t play on tv using hdmi

[ New ]

I am trying to playback video on my Samsung Smart tv. I have my GoPro hero7 black connected via micro hdmi to hdmi cable. I have tried swapping cables and tv to no avail. I have also tried different settings within ‘input/output’ any help would be appreciated. Thanks

GoPro

Re: Gopro7 black videos won t play on tv using hdmi

[ New ]

Hello @greensand15227. These troubleshooting steps will help resolve the issue. Have a go at them.  

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi Mariustanya,

I have tried all of the troubleshooting steps you linked me to- without success. Any other help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @greensand15227

Have you tried resetting the camera to its factory settings?

Is there another TV/monitor you can test it with?

Also, please make sure that your camera is up to date.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi aragon1006. I had previously tried another monitor & cable without success. Camera is up to date, so just tried factory reset all without success. Had the camera 18mths now and i cannot recall having used it hooked up to a monitor- so i'm questioning wether it has ever worked.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @greensand15227

Were you able to set the HDMI Output option on the camera (Monitor | Media | Live)?

Would you be able to send us a video of your workflow or how the camera behaves when connected via HDMI?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi @aragon1006 yes i can set monitor/media/live on my camera preferences without any success. So, I have attached 3 photos of my tv. img1 is my tv prior to connecting camera. img2 is with camera connected- red pwr icon on tv beside HDMI1 icon remains whether camera is turned on or off. img3 is tv screen with HDMI1 selected. Regardless of which setting I have selected on my camera there is no picture of my camera on the tv. I have tried another tv with same results. 

Thanks for your help.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @greensand15227

After setting MEDIA as the HDMI Output on the camera, do you see the GoPro logo after connecting the cable?

We do not see the attachments in your post.

Kindly try posting the pictures again.

You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej