Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Gopro7 black videos won t play on tv using hdmi

I am trying to playback video on my Samsung Smart tv. I have my GoPro hero7 black connected via micro hdmi to hdmi cable. I have tried swapping cables and tv to no avail. I have also tried different settings within ‘input/output’ any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Gopro7 black videos won t play on tv using hdmi

Hello @greensand15227. These troubleshooting steps will help resolve the issue. Have a go at them.  

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Mariustanya,

I have tried all of the troubleshooting steps you linked me to- without success. Any other help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @greensand15227

Have you tried resetting the camera to its factory settings?

Is there another TV/monitor you can test it with?

Also, please make sure that your camera is up to date.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi aragon1006. I had previously tried another monitor & cable without success. Camera is up to date, so just tried factory reset all without success. Had the camera 18mths now and i cannot recall having used it hooked up to a monitor- so i'm questioning wether it has ever worked.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @greensand15227

Were you able to set the HDMI Output option on the camera (Monitor | Media | Live)?

Would you be able to send us a video of your workflow or how the camera behaves when connected via HDMI?

Thanks!

Ej