Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Gopro7 Black got wet inside

My GoPro7Black got wet inside. Please help.
inbound8715380729547741142.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: Gopro7 Black got wet inside

@aenriquez i agree with you. It so happened it wasn't able to closed tightly the battery's door. The link you had sent was failed.

View solution in original post

Screenshot_20191025_153626_com.android.chrome.jpg

All Replies
GoPro

@jones29, sorry to hear about what happened. So long as all camera doors are closed, the HERO7 Black is waterproof down to 10m (33ft) without housing. We want to look at what we can do to extend our help. Please contact our Support team by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs. 

Tourist

@aenriquez i agree with you. It so happened it wasn't able to closed tightly the battery's door. The link you had sent was failed.
Screenshot_20191025_153626_com.android.chrome.jpg
Explorer

Tourist

Thanks @danielr15

Hope I can have a replacement for it is under warranty.

I been using it for Diving then using in the swimming pool got water inside. While filming in the pool it stop recording after almost a couple of hours recording.
Explorer

I'm really sorry to hear about the water damage. Crazy that it would happen in a pool vs diving. I use mine for surfing 3-4 times a week and have never had any issues. After use in salt water, I always rinse immediately and then when I get home I soak the camera for about 10-20 minutes (I use the clear case the camera came in turned upside down) in fresh water. After the soak I agitate the case and then rinse the camera. followed by drying with a lint free cloth. Mic Bergsma has a pretty extensive cleaning process that he demonstrates in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IRPeMgC1pA

I've been using my HERO5/6/7 in the ocean (as well as lakes and pools) for years now and have never had an issue. However, it is very important to make sure the doors and gaskets are completely clean and free of lint, hairs, or other debris. I've never taken the gasket off like Mic does in his video, but I do pretty much follow the rest of his advice.

Water damage is not covered under the manufacturer warranty, but I'm sure the Support Team will do everything they can to help you out. Be sure to have your proof of purchase when you contact them.
Tourist

Muchos Gracias @danielr15.
Yep sounds totally crazy. I never expected it to happened. I dove 33meters using it (with super suit of course) fun to used and easy to transfer files. And it is my first action cam ever 😊.

It took more than an hour before the filming was off. Upon checking it I already saw water on the small screen infront. Then I rushed removing the battery and memory card. If it is with the cover opened for sure it will only take a minutes then it will off immediately. I felt sad the entire travel going home coz some of my files wasn't dloaded to my gopro plus acct. Great moment memories ...sigh