Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Gopro5 battery

Hello,
I bot Gopro 5 and December 2017. Couple of days ago I was trying to charge my battery and is not charging anymore! How is it possible after 5 months battery died without any resistance?

Thanks

Svjetlana

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Gopro5 battery

Hi @svjetlanaj211

For power related issues, we need to identify if the issue is on the unit, the battery or the battery connector. Have you tried using a different cable?

You may also take the battery out and plug the camera to a power source. If it powers on then the issue is most likely on the battery.

Please reach out to our Support Team to further check on this. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

3.7vdc or lower   may kill the bat. so were you  fully charged or safely on storage charge.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @svjetlanaj211

For power related issues, we need to identify if the issue is on the unit, the battery or the battery connector. Have you tried using a different cable?

You may also take the battery out and plug the camera to a power source. If it powers on then the issue is most likely on the battery.

Please reach out to our Support Team to further check on this. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

The battery was rapidly warming up, replaced a new battery, is working now. Thanks
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @svjetlanaj211

Thank you for the update. Great to know that the camera is working now. have fun using your GoPro! 

Best, 
Marius