Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Gopro, you made the Folding fingers to strong and not the screws/threads :)

Hi

my camera had a crash yesterday, and it went beyond the integrated gopro mount, but not the Folding fingers, but the screws that holds the folding fingers. the screws just got ripped out, all 4, and i'm not sure if the threads are damaged, or i can rethread them (lost the screws). I would rather prefer, that it was the folding fingers which broke, then i could just buy a new and replace it.

could you please tell me the size of the screws, then i could try to mount it again.

Best regards 

Lars Bülow

20191029_182557.jpg
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Gopro, you made the Folding fingers to strong and not the screws/threads :)

they look like 1.0-1.5 mm   

Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

@larsb102, sorry to hear about what happened. We try to help out as best as we can. Please contact our Support team so they can help find one for you. You may reach them by phone or live chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs.

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

@fishycomics wrote:

they look like 1.0-1.5 mm   

lol you say that like it's just a matter of replacing the screws. if the whole assembly came off you can bet the screw holes are now stripped. that's not going back in. the bottom plate needs to be replaced. One new feature I didn't want or need.

When I get the 8 I'm putting it in a traditional cage like the 7. thankfully third parties have come on board with this idea already.

Highlighted
Adventurer

@larsb102 

Do you feel now thar yourlegs are lost that the camera is no longer waterproof,  I do not suggesting ofsticking anything inside to see the depth.

Highlighted
Backpacker

hi,

you wrote:

When I get the 8 I'm putting it in a traditional cage like the 7. thankfully third parties have come on board with this idea already.

does not fit...I tried days ago...same page with you but....

robert

Highlighted
Tourist

@robert1326 wrote:

hi,

you wrote:

does not fit...I tried days ago...same page with you but....

robert

Robert, I think you misunderstood him. I´m pretty sure he meant a cage/housing like for the hero 7 but of course made specifically for the hero 8.

Or maby I misunderstood you both Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Backpacker

@niklasv3582 wrote:

Robert, I think you misunderstood him. I´m pretty sure he meant a cage/housing like for the hero 7 but of course made specifically for the hero 8.

Or maby I misunderstood you both Smiley Wink

hi,

this is why we "talk" here to settle the things.

either of us misunderstood, it is a very good idea..... to have a frame like h7 for h8!!!

robert