Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Gopro switching view mode automatically

Hey so I have a GoPro Hero 6 black. I recently went on a three-day photography trip around my province in Canada and when I came back I was rather disappointed. A lot of my photos had the tops cut-off and the sides cut off when I know that I framed them right. Couldn't figure it out until I went out again yesterday and the camera started going from wide to linear on its own without me even doing anything. When I'm using the camera solo on a tripod it reads linear all the time . But I took two pictures back to back and never moved the camera and got two different views when I didn't touch any settings. Even putting it in the karma drone it would read wide on the screen even though I switch to linear. Do I need to send the camera back in and have it replaced or is there something that I can do myself to fix this problem?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Gopro switching view mode automatically

Hello @brrrrattt

Thank you for the detailed description of the issue. Sorry to hear about the affected photos. It is odd for the camera to be switching from one setting to another on its own so we would like to see if there errors with the current software installation. In order to check this out, manually update the camera's firmware even if the camera already has the latest one.  You can do the update by following the instructions below: 

• Go to the HERO6 Black update page.
  • Under "Other ways to update" at the base of the page, click "Update your camera manually."
  • Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
  • Click "Download Update."
  • Click "Click here to download firmware."
  • Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system

Make sure that your camera is fully charged and that the SD card is formatted prior to updating. Let us know how it goes. 

Best regards, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hello @brrrrattt

Thank you for the detailed description of the issue. Sorry to hear about the affected photos. It is odd for the camera to be switching from one setting to another on its own so we would like to see if there errors with the current software installation. In order to check this out, manually update the camera's firmware even if the camera already has the latest one.  You can do the update by following the instructions below: 

• Go to the HERO6 Black update page.
  • Under "Other ways to update" at the base of the page, click "Update your camera manually."
  • Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
  • Click "Download Update."
  • Click "Click here to download firmware."
  • Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system

Make sure that your camera is fully charged and that the SD card is formatted prior to updating. Let us know how it goes. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Tourist

Ok the update was successful. The checkmark showed up on the front display. Before i try it out do i have to format the sd card again or leave it be?
GoPro

Hi @brrrrattt

You're good to go. You can just leave it as it is. 

Regards,

-Jay