Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Gopro sending refurbished run down cameras as replacement?

Hi GoPro,

I bought in January a brand new Gopro hero 7 black, used it for 2 months (+- not even 10 hrs of film) and discovered it has serious issues with freezing up all the time (when NOT filming). Checked everything from power source to Micro SD card but everything was working correct and the Micro SD was listed on the Gopro site as compatible. Did the manual update a few times, nope, same problem.

I contacted Gopro and they offered pretty quick a replacement with a new camera. I was happy because the video from the device was OK so I accepted this.

So... now weeks later.. after two returns.. I feel very sad, angry and SCAMMED. GoPro is sending old refurbished devices as "replacement".. promosing that they are "real new" and the damage was from the boxing. So my new camera that they got back, where I was really carefull with, got replaced by a broken one from someone else who dropped it or whatever.

Sorry but i've seen scratches, dirt, bent battery doors and more. I am about to sent the second replacement back but very afraid the thirth one is also refurbished. They say nothing can be done as I asked the supervisor to just sent me a NEW DEVICE as promised. Nope, no options, no money back, take it or leave it.

Any ideas? I do know that I will NEVER EVER buy anything from this company again. Using Gopro's since the 3th serie ... looking for something else now.

Regards,

Dennis

GoPro

Re: Gopro sending refurbished run down cameras as replacement?

Sorry to hear about your experience, @denniso7686. Were your returns coursed through GoPro Support? We'd be glad to look into it. Is there a case number that we can use as reference? Thanks!

Adventurer

sorry to hear .. get with a rep, and continue to work with them on your case. they are brown boxed  new. you want a unopen one that will not happen GoPro warranties this way  it would cost them the same funds  to send in th brown  or  marketed, right. I agree in ways.

Hiker

[ Edited ]

I got into pretty bad conversations... well... the only thing they could do it doing this RMA using a company handing out used cameras. They are in brown boxes with "REPLACEMENT WARRANTY" or something on it. When you tear off the strip there is only a camera in there, but you notice quickly they are used and worn. Check this picture of the one I got today, the second replacement. I sent first replacement back because of scratches and a not fully closing battery door.....

Yes ofcourse, I chose to do it using it directly with GoPro... after this experience that may not have been the smartest idea as I bought the camera from a retailer and I do not have the original cam anymore. So he can't do anything for me anymore.

(There is a lot of grease/dirt between the slot and the camera body, really nasty!)

RMA#: RMA-NL147136
Case#: 06713774

123.jpg
GoPro

Hello @denniso7686. Thank you for the details that you provided. We see that you have contacted Support already. It would be best to continue working with them if you still see issues with the latest replacement camera that you received. You may use the same case number that you were previously given. You can show them the photo you posted by directing them to this thread. We also left a note to the team handling your case to check again. Best regards!

Adventurer

Understood.  once again contact again the rep and get another one going, report back when you finally get a good one.

Laws do apply for refurbs. maybe gopro does not follow that law.

Hiker

They do have all the information needed.. had long chat conversations about this issue.

Device arrived at the destination and waiting for another device back again...

Hiker

This exact thing just happened to me. I just sent my replacement cameras (I have 2 hero 7 blacks) back to GoPro. Unacceptable.