Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Gopro sending refurbished run down cameras as replacement?

Geeze... the last thing I would want anyone knowing is, that I was from GoPro support.!!!!

Highlighted
Explorer

I have
HD HERO (2010)
HERO2
HERO3 Black & Silver
HERO4 Silver
HERO4 Session
HERO5 Black
HERO5 Session
HERO6 Black
Fusion
HERO7 Black

All work great and have remained reliable.
Fusion is an amazing camera, but HERO7 Black is by far my favorite GoPro. I look forward to seeing what GoPro releases this Sept/Oct, but I'm so happy with the performance of the HERO7 Black, I doubt I'll be getting the next HERO model. Most likely I'll get the Fusion2 and hoping they release a more vlogging/cinematic camera.
Highlighted
Adventurer

GoPro treated me  well with my camera on my replacement and parts. If I wer not treated well then I start crying about it here because it dod not go my way?  

WIll I go after a new one only if I get my way, the trade up  $100.00 credit I have with them on Record by the  word of mouth with the rep I taked with.  And I also have credit on a  other competitors camera to Lol. in  my account . a big difference if asked.  GoPro will say No record, sorry.

Only new  thing happening is have no clue. gopro rather release it  and you find out the day after.   maybe it will be  called 

GoFigure  360 is a fad for me Lol  I am happy that I got a gear 360  and  when I need it I have it to grab a shot.

Highlighted
Explorer

Gear 360 is a good little camera for people interested in 360 and that aren't too concerned with quality photo or video. Before the Fusion dropped to $299 I think it was a decent low cost option.

I remember seeing your 360 video during the eclipse FISH. At the end of the day, what matters most is that you get good use from your camera. For those having issues with their camera, I certainly understand the frustration. I've had nothing but positive experiences with GoPro and the GoPro Support Team. Having known others, and from the hundreds of positive feedback post I've read over the years, I know I'm not alone.

During the last investor's conference call Nick seemed very optimistic about the upcoming cameras, so I'm excited to find out what new innovation GoPro comes out with. I'm sure all the copy cat companies are looking forward to finding out what tech they will be stealing next.
Highlighted
Adventurer

@danielr15   same here.  Like said if things   went   a MM off people want it their way.     gear 360 i believe uses phpto jpegs as video a big difference.   it has overheating issues   like any camera you got to get a good one. just have to  keep trying I tried 5 times before I got a good one Lol.  thanks   totally agree  whatever ccam it is and how we use , we luvem when they work

Highlighted
Hiker

After 2 months and two separate RMAs..... I finally have 2 replacement Hero 7 Black cameras. Refurbished, of course, but I finally got 2 cameras that weren't damaged. Upon testing them out this past weekend, they overheat / shut down / freeze just as badly as my original 2 cameras that I sent back. Zero improvement. The Hero 7 Black has the best specs of any of their cameras.... but it's also been the least reliable for me. I've owned every previous model they have made and still use a Hero 5 Black and a Hero 6 Black. The 6 had problems but the 5 never gave me one issue.  I use my cameras outside on my kayak with a Smart Remote. They don't continuously record, but they're turned on and waiting for "action". I start recording for a few minutes, then back to stand by. I use external audio on one of the cameras. I record in 1080/60. The 2 Hero 7 Blacks have freezing / overheating / shutdowns all throughout the day.

Bottom line, I think it's pointless to RMA them again. GoPro support has been really awful during the entire process. They made promise after promise and came through on NONE of those promises. Really an odd epxerience and leaves me wondering what's going on.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Wow! i hae the same problem. Freezing and now when i close the natery compartment automaclty goes on. cant turn in off any,ore. I want to replace it but now im scared i get a crappy one. :((