Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Gopro max or One R

[ New ]
I lost my gopro max and I am undecided whether to buy the gopro max again or buy the insta 360 one R.

What do you recommend?

With beta software, gopro max can now be used very simply, but the insta one R has some very interesting features.
Hiker

Re: Gopro max or One R

[ New ]

FYI - the one r is NOT waterproof, it will fail if used for any kind of watersports.

Hiker

[ New ]

F Y I --- the MAX isn't as well.

Read all the posts here during the last 2 weeks ...... the max is not event waterressistant in a few inches of liquid......

Tourist

[ New ]

Based on the faulty camera I bought from GoPro and their non-existent customer service, I would recommend going else where. 

DJI, Insta, anything but GoPro. 

Hiker

[ New ]
I've been surfing with my Max for 7 months and it's 100% waterproof. My insta360 one R failed after 5 sessions.
Hiker

Rif.: Gopro max or One R

[ New ]
I decided to buy the insta 360 one R because the software is very special. I'm not going to use it in the water :)
Hiker

[ New ]

your max will fail within about 5min in a few inches of liquid .... read the posts.

it looks like they have tremendous problems with their qc .

As one can read , it seems like the lenses are often not mounted/sealed correctly.

For sure, the heroes may be waterproof , but the max is not ...

and there are much more "features" promised and advertised for a year now, and have never delivered .

If you are happy with the quality of the 360 videos ,and you can handle the workflow with additional, paid, software in your own way , then it might be the best choice in this pricerange.

BUT, anything else like , using it as an actioncam , using it in wet conditions, using it for 6channel spatial sound recordings, using it with a windows-pc instead of a mac, using it for editing on mobile or tablet a.s.o , i strongly advice against .

And, if you are european resident in the german speaking area , have a close look at the terms and conditions of "goproPlus". The max is officially not covered by this programm whatever they say ... read the "list of devices"... I reported this weeks ago...and as always.....nothing happened ever since (team in charge ...blablabla...)