Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Gopro max + 120cm pole?

Will the gopro max work with that long pole? I'm thinking the insta one pole 120cm!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Gopro max + 120cm pole?

The MAX doesn't require a specific pole. With a tripod adapter mount, nearly any pole will work. At a minimum, you'll want to make sure that anything that would be visible (ex. your hand holding the pole) is at least about 6 inches away. There is no max for how long the pole can be though.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

As long as they have the same mounting tab you should not have any problem @agiannoukos

If they have a demo/test unit that would be much better since you'll be able to check all angles.

-Jay

Highlighted
Tourist

I found out that it works with a manfrotto pole I have 136cm!
So it will work as long as everything is in line!
I just don't know how easy will be to snowboard with the insta360 pole 120cm. The max/fusion grip is small but it has a really good grip to hold it tight in fast speeds!
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

One thing to watch for with long poles is if there is any bend to the pole. A pole that curves could curve so much that part of it bends out of the stitch line and becomes visible when the final video is rendered.

Highlighted
Nomad

no isues with manfroto.

only my gopro -> 1/4 adapter is visible grr, ordered a adapter what is smaller (and made of aluminium)

Highlighted
Tourist

Exactly, I have the same problem. I bielieve the gopro tripod adapter is the fault which is not straight. I have to order a straight one that the "ears" come from the middle!
Highlighted
Tourist

Does the 360 capture require that one use any kind of pole? I have just purchased the Max and have been under the impression that the shortest hand grip should do just fine; am I wrong in assuming so?
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

The MAX doesn't require a specific pole. With a tripod adapter mount, nearly any pole will work. At a minimum, you'll want to make sure that anything that would be visible (ex. your hand holding the pole) is at least about 6 inches away. There is no max for how long the pole can be though.