Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Gopro is not switching to hero mode in video.

Got this gopro yesterday. Unboxed it and followed the direction in the app. It updated to latest version 1.50. Great but with a catch. My gopro is kind of locked in max mode for video. It’s not switching back to hero mode. Practically I can’t use this for video at the moment. I a having limited lens option in still photo. Only option is wide or SV mode.

What a buggy software update. I am not sure if the camera shipped to me is faulty or it’s the update. Not a very good experience. Wasn’t the firmware thoroughly tested before releasing.
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Gopro is not switching to hero mode in video.

Another update. Here is the power pano shot. No idea from where this shadow is coming from the edges. Pathetic.
C359BEB1-5F20-4BE4-906E-E6F3A927525F.JPG
Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hi @krishnatry

See if resetting the camera will help. https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Reset-Camera-Settings/ta-p/388279

Regarding the picture above, make sure to take both lens caps off when taking a Pano shot.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Yeah. I tried that after some exploring and it worked. I will try the superpano by removing the lens cap of back lens and update tomorrow.

Thanks for your response.

Highlighted
GoPro

@krishnatry, let us know if anything else comes up. Thanks!