Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Gopro hero8 black with media mod super hot and audio issues

[ New ]

I've noticed some people are having heat issues with their gopro. mine is doing the same with the media mod. also, I am receiving some nasty audio. both chirps, clicks and drops from the microphone. is anyone else having these issues?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Gopro hero8 black with media mod super hot and audio issues

[ New ]

We appreciate the fast response, @fastlift66278. We'd like to do further troubleshooting to isolate the cause of the issue. To proceed, please connect with our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs. Once connected, they will walk you through the next steps. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @fastlift66278. Do you use the camera + Media Mod setup for extended periods of recording? An increase in temperature in such situations is not unusual, especially if recording in high-performance modes and with the battery in. If the setup is connected to an external power source, removing the battery will allow it to continue recording and allow it more space as well for heat to dissipate while camera is recording. 

It is also essential that the camera is updated to the latest firmware. To ensure this is the case, we suggest doing a manual firmware update. Please use a recommended SD card on the camera to avoid performance issues. 

Tourist

[ New ]
Not even recording. Camera on, hdmi out to a computer. Also it was a 50/50 chance that the mic would even activate. My guess is the unit got so hot that the mic capsule is malfunctioning
Tourist

[ New ]
Also the camera is up to date. Card I'm using is the card that came with the camera, which is on your list.
GoPro

[ New ]

We appreciate the fast response, @fastlift66278. We'd like to do further troubleshooting to isolate the cause of the issue. To proceed, please connect with our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs. Once connected, they will walk you through the next steps.