Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Gopro hero5 black pairing with app on samsung S8

First initai setup went great. Paired camera and used for first two weeks with no issues . At some point lost pairing between camera and app. Tried to re pair devices with no success. Ive tried everything it seems. Forgotten gp bluetooth from my phone. Reset camera wifi connection. Turn wifi and bluetooth on and off. Followed instructrions to pair devices to a T. Once it tells me to turn on camera, swipe down, connect new device, click go pro app. I do so, but no "pair" option shows up on app once i do so(which it did first time i paired). Ive also tried using a different samsung S8 with same result. Please help
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Gopro hero5 black pairing with app on samsung S8

Hello @redbluff13062

It seems that you have already gone through suggested troubleshooting steps. Have you also tried uninstalling and re-installing the GoPro App? Is your Samsung S8 updated to the latest OS version? If you have not done it yet, try manually updating your HERO5 Black camera, and reset it. Instructions are discussed under "Manual Update" in this article: https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/Software-Update-Instructions-for-HERO5-Cameras After the update, go through the steps again. You should be able to pair then. Please update us with the results here. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

I have uninstalled and reinstalled app many times already. My phone is up to date yes. I was thinking about manual update or reset of gopro completly, but im trying not to lose the current videos on it. So need to back it up first, then i was going to try that.
Highlighted
GoPro

That sounds like a plan. Yes, please make sure you save your videos first. Let us know how it works out after the manual update. Thanks, @redbluff13062

Highlighted
Tourist

Didnt work. Manual update steps are ridiculous as it only show one windows format as example. Aswell as when i try to put it into sd folder. When i attemp to send or drsg over it gives me somethkng saying its write protected. Im using windows 10. How is there not a easier solution to this. This is so frustrating beyond words. I bought a Gopro because i thought it was the best. How hard is it really, 2018 and cant link a phone app to a **bleep** camera. Which by the way worked, and out of blue just vanishes from connection or sending bluetooth signal. Absolute bs