Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Gopro hero5 battery drained even when turned.

Recently, I'm facing some problems with gopro. When I turn it off and even turned off the wireless connection before that at 80-90%. Next day its almost like 3-7%.

Firmware is latest. Audio control is off.

Any suggestions?

GoPro

Re: Gopro hero5 battery drained even when turned.

Hi @sunnymesa2811

We suggest doing a manual software update first. https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/Software-Update-Instructions-for-HERO5-Cameras

We also recommend charging the camera with a USB wall charger that outputs 5V and 2A for HERO5 cameras.

If the issue persists we'd like to look into this further and identify if the issue is with the battery or possibly with the camera itself. 

Please reach out to us via phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

EJ

Tourist

Thanks @aragon1006,

I have tried that option too.

I will list the solutions tried which was suggested by others.

1. Change the memory cards. Recently I bought 128GB Samsung EVO plus. I thought it might be the issue and changed to old memorycard and still facing the same issue.
  2. Turned off - WIFI, Audio, GPS - still issue exist
  3. Change battery with my friend GoPro. My battery works fine in his GoPro it reduced from 96 to 95% over the night. But, though I used his battery it reduced 100% - 76% overthe night.
  4. Factory reset it and tried everything above. Same result.(After factory reset update version was in latest. its said 2.60, even without updating. Previously when I made factory reset for testing. GoPro version went to old version and I reUpdated. This time it was different)

I will try to update the GoPro manually and update you.

With this info can you provide any further steps. Its proved that there is no problem with my battery. Its with my GoPro. I'm trying to record a video with 100% charge with 2 GoPro same settings and same resolution, to check there is any impact on recording time or just this problem occurs when its turned off.

Thanks,

I havn't

Adventurer

Firmware sometimes is not the isue GoPro.

Have you tried turning quikcapture on or off  when I had my QC off my bat was drained.  Wifi will not drai nthe bat as that does shut off after X amount of  time

Tourist

i tried that option. But it didn't help.

Tourist

There is not much time differene in recording time. I tried updating it to latest version of firmware manualy. Still facing the same issue.

Adventurer

Then it sounds like you got a problem and get to gopro's support