Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Gopro hero 9 with no options

[ New ]

Whenever i turn on my gopro, it just shows image of whatever the camera is pointing at, but i can't see any menu, options or even take a photo or video. I can't even link it with the app as the camera shows no options of conections at all.

I tried charging the battery and taking the sd card out, resetting and conecting the camera directly to the computer but nothing happens

Nomad

Re: Gopro hero 9 with no options

[ New ]

Have you tried manually updating the firmware?  Could be a bad firmware load in there locking up your camera.

Tourist

[ New ]

Do i need a computer for that? Since the phone is not connected with the camera yet..

Nomad

[ New ]

Yes you will need a computer to perform a manual update. 

Here's a video showing you how to manually update a GoPro Hero 8.  The same applies for the Hero 9 only you will be selecting GoPro Hero 9 during the firmware selection part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kVTYclGorU

In this video I show you how to manually update the firmware on your GoPro. This video was made using the GoPro Hero 8 however the exact same procedure appl...
Tourist

[ New ]
I've done everything that the video shows, it turns on and off a couple of times as it was updating and it ends up the same, just the image showing, no options or any other thing
Nomad

[ New ]

How are you powering on your camera?  Are you using the power/mode button on the side of the camera, or are you using the shutter/quick capture button on the top of the camera?

Tourist

[ New ]
I'm using the power button, i tried everything tho... I am now waiting for a e-mail that the support team promised to send me two days ago so i can return my camera and have one new back in 7-10 business days