Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Gopro hero 9 Led won't turn off after full charge

[ New ]
I charge through the camera. I have tested with powrbank, computer and wall charger.
I've done the test thing. Not sure what that's all about. The issue are it doesn't fully charge to 100% despite how long it gets left. The led stays on indefinitely, despite leaving for hours. Or, the LED flashes very low when charged.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @deckys. If you are using the recommended charger (outputs 5V, 1-2A) and the original cable and the battery has already cycled through charges and discharges and the issue remains, please let our Support team know. They will help troubleshoot the issue further. 

Hiker

[ New ]
There's no way of actually getting through. I think you guys need to have a look at the support
Tourist

Rif.: Gopro hero 9 Led won't turn off after full charge

[ New ]
Ciao , hai risolto ? Perché anche io ho lo stesso problema . Il led rosso no. Si spegne anche se la batteria della corpo è al 100%
Hiker

Rif.: Gopro hero 9 Led won't turn off after full charge

[ New ]
welcome to life with a gopro 9- where development testing wasnt the name of the game.
a land where customer support is a naughty phrase and product pride is non-existent.
GoPro

Re: Rif.: Gopro hero 9 Led won't turn off after full charge

[ New ]

Hi @marcod573

If you have gone through the steps we have shared on your other post and it's still the same, please reach out to Support.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that you are not blocking cookies and have your pop-up blocker disabled.

Thanks!

Sightseer

[ New ]
I've had my Hero9 for less than 24 hours and it won't turn off now. Fully charged it, did some videos, deleted them, now frozen.
GoPro

[ New ]

@nicelight31078, try to pull the battery out and reinsert it.

Please make sure that a recommended SD card is used for your camera. Using SD cards that aren't recommended can cause issues like freezing as the card isn't fast enough to write the content, the camera getting hot or battery consumption is higher than normal as the camera stays in an active mode trying to sync to the card.

Additionally, use Recommended Chargers for your GoPro camera.