Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Gopro hero 9 Led won't turn off after full charge

Hi yesterday i've bought Gopro Hero 9 from a local store. I left it for the first charge all night but in the morning the led was still on (camera off) and i thought i have a battery problem but battery was 100%fully charged! Camera was turning on fine. A made also latest update 1.21 if i remember. But after that i've plugged it again at 96% left it a little and again the same issue battery was 100% and leds still on. Is it a software problem or a defective product? I'm on second day for doa
IMG_20201008_073806.jpg
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Gopro hero 9 Led won't turn off after full charge

Anyone????
Highlighted
Hiker

I am having the same issue. I'm guessing it's the firmware. I've had this with a GoPro 5 a few years back.
My LED was slowly flashing tonight whilst on charge. So, in addition to the LED staying on, mine has done that too.

You could try a manual update. They ALWAYS suggest this in all cases. I've done this and I'm still getting the aforementioned issue. Who knows, might work for you?!
I think it's a case of waiting it out for the next FW. All being well, I'd have thought it's this month.
Highlighted
Tourist

Well some times it turns off but after some on and off's etc. For now after last charge it turned off. Who knows maybe it's fw as you said.
Highlighted
Hiker

Mine does the same, but the battery never reaches 100%. More like somewhere between 82-90%.
I can leave it for over 24 hours, and it still never gets there.

The ones I charge in the desktop charger reach 100%... so I just charge them all in there. Clearly some sort of fault!
Highlighted
Hiker

Mine does it as well.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello Everyone. To verify, are you charging the battery through the camera? How is the charging done? Is the camera connected directly to a power source? a powerbank? a computer? Was the camera connected to the power source with the cable that came with it? 

To determine battery integrity and further isolate the issue, try performing a short record time test. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi. I've charge it with battery in camera and directly to power source with oem cable. Right now it works somehow. Today i've used it again and i will fully charge it and see if it does the same issue