Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Gopro hero 8 black not recognized by Win 10 PC

My hero 8 (latest firmware) is detected as MTP device under portable devices but gets no drive letter and can't be seen or used in the file explorer. My PC is brand new with decent specs (ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I, Corei9, 32 Gb RAM, Win 10 (1909)). The memory card isn't detected in a card reader either after formatting in the gopro. After fomatting the card on a PC it works though. 

However the gopro connects fine on another PC running Win 10 and its memory card can be read as well so there is some incompatibility between my new PC and the gopro but I can't figure out what is causing it.

I have tried all possible fixes recommended on this forum and others such as updating the MTP driver, using other drivers, downloading the porting kit, unplugging, rebooting, changeing UEFI settings, using different cables and USB ports, plugging camera in without an SD card, removing battery, foul language and even installing the horrible Quik software. Nothing helps.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

/Björn

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Gopro hero 8 black not recognized by Win 10 PC

Make Sure the Gopro is on the view mode when plugging in the USB -  That helped me

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Gopro hero 8 black not recognized by Win 10 PC

Make Sure the Gopro is on the view mode when plugging in the USB -  That helped me