Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Gopro hero 7 silver sd card

I bought a gopro hero 7 silver and I need a sd card. I was looking at the sd card capability list for the gopro and the sandisk or samsung 64GB sd card is not on there exept for the extreme which is too expensive. Can sombody tell me if i can use the normal one?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Gopro hero 7 silver sd card

@easton2307 - It's really important to use an SD card that is compatible with the GoPro you're using. You can usually find some of the cards on the list on Amazon or other sites for less than $20. Using a card that's not compatible can cause issues like freezing (the card is fast enough to write the content) or the camera getting hot or using battery faster than normal (the camera stays in an active mode as it tries to sync to the card).

Jeff

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Gopro hero 7 silver sd card

@easton2307 - It's really important to use an SD card that is compatible with the GoPro you're using. You can usually find some of the cards on the list on Amazon or other sites for less than $20. Using a card that's not compatible can cause issues like freezing (the card is fast enough to write the content) or the camera getting hot or using battery faster than normal (the camera stays in an active mode as it tries to sync to the card).

Jeff