Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Gopro hero 7 dead - Wont power up or charge. 3 months old

[ New ]

My gopro hero 7 has died.... I`ve tried holding down the power button for 8-10 secs with no change. I've tried multiple cords. Nothing is working. Last use was an overnight time warp video. Went out the next morning to retrieve the camera, and after plugging it in I couldn't get it to respond. I left it plugged in for several hours, and still no response. No reasonable explanation, very disappointing for only having it for 3 months.

Shaun Klopfenstein 

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Gopro hero 7 dead - Wont power up or charge. 3 months old

[ New ]

Hello, @loyalriver0360. Try this. Remove the battery from the camera and connect the camera directly to a power source. See if the camera powers on. If it does, the battery could be faulty and needs replacement. If the camera does not power on, it would be best to contact Support for further assistance. 

To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. 

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that you are not blocking cookies and have your pop-up blocker disabled. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @loyalriver0360. Try this. Remove the battery from the camera and connect the camera directly to a power source. See if the camera powers on. If it does, the battery could be faulty and needs replacement. If the camera does not power on, it would be best to contact Support for further assistance. 

To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. 

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that you are not blocking cookies and have your pop-up blocker disabled. 

Adventurer

[ New ]

12 sec, 35 sec, reset hold that long the mode.  lie said if without the bat it does not turn on. then the   camera   gave, and contacting the US spupport page and chat will get a RMA going