05-05-2019 09:45 PM
05-06-2019 01:23 AM
Problems with GP7 are very random and I can't figure it out but if you want to know my personal opinion: Yes - if you afford buy it.
- outstanding quality of videos #1world. Personally I think this is the main reason.
- many cool features like: timewarp,night timelapse....
- amazing stabilization system - hypersmooth - #2 second from the most important reasons.
- mobile size(very usefull)
- Freeze - my experience: only 2 times freezed over 6 month - not big deal but some people have.
- Battery drain - After last FW is much better. Battery is going down but like ~ 1% to 3 % overnight. My advice take out battery if you not gonna use camera(I know weird but kind of solution), buy the second one (I have both: Vietnam and China edition).
- I am stil crying about the same - no indicators while recording like time left or battery left. Im living in hope next FW will bring me in.
- quality of materials....
- doubt waterproof (I have extra case)
You will not find better camer on the market. Even if it has 5 cons, 2 pros vanish it - QUALITY VIDEO AND HYPERSMOOTH. These two reasons are enough to say - YES If I were you I would buy it again. There is no perfect device on the market and never will be. GoPro (omittng problems)giving me a lot of fun. I dont lose my hope for some better FW and going on.
You can check my videos here and judge ;)
Thx, see ya.
05-06-2019 03:48 AM
I Returned mytrade up day one, waited till a new fw batch, and replaced my camera once and all is fine now. no one can decide if it is the right time or wrong time but round and round it can go and October is approaching later so think about the hero 8 if like
05-06-2019 06:30 AM
05-06-2019 07:21 AM
Depends on how you are going to use it, if you need external Mic support then no don't buy it wait for the Hero 8.
it also has many bugs with power management.
If you just want to walk around with it for the hypersmooth then yes get it.
but you might be better off with a Hero 6 or 5 and a Gimbal.
05-06-2019 01:27 PM
05-06-2019 02:03 PM
you would be safe getting the Hero 7 for vacations and stuff like that.
The hypersmooth does work really good for that kind of use.
I just used mine down in Panama City beach and used it in the pool (with a case, don't trust the native water proofing) and took it snorkeling at St. Andrews State Park.
Check out my youtube channel for all the videos I shot snorkeling with the Hero 7 (Bassman Strikes)
I would get a waterproof case for it from amazon, they are only like 15 to 20 dollars and then you don't have to worry about it leaking.
05-06-2019 06:29 PM
This is the case I got for my Hero 7.
While the Hero 5/6/7 is nativly waterproof I don't trust it, if you don't seat any of the doors fully even a bit, i.e. battery, USB etc and it gets water in it your SOL.
It's cheap insurance and does not effect the quality of the videos.
If you look around you want one that does not require removing the lens guard of the camera.
So for vacations and things that don't require long recording times or a external mic you will really enjoy the Hero 7.