Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Gopro hero 7 black and smart remote and app issue

Nothing has been resolved. I was out this weekend and again no matter what configuration I tried the WiFi on GP7 Blk would inexplicably dropout while my GP5Session session stays solid. Frustrating. Let’s fix it
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello!

Kindly check the information shared on this thread.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

I am only trying to keep one camera 7black connected not multi cans. Still while in the Black Hills of SD was lossing connection Multiple times each day. Have read some good things to try on this forum. Hope they work.
Highlighted
Tourist

I’ve given up on GoPro doing anything about this. Until they update the firmware to include a sub menu allowing you to definitively select what device the camera sees and stop it from continually searching for others (remote or app) there is no fix. Don’t know if you’ve noticed but the button on the app that says “connect to remote” does nothing.
Highlighted
Tourist

Btw... resetting the remote by any method described by GoPro support, as seen on YouTube or any forum doesn’t reset the remote and erase connections. It’s lip service to make you feel warm and fuzzy. Also, when you do have cameras connected and you shut off the Wi-Fi one at a time, the number of cameras connected does no change.

Anything GoPro support tells you to do on this issue short of the release of new firmware addressing the afore mentioned condition is a waste of your time designed to wear you down until you go away on an issue they’re well aware of.
Highlighted
Hiker

Indeed that’s a real pain.
Highlighted
Tourist

Camera: Hero 7 black

Version: 01.80.00

I started by reseting wireless connections on the camera and connecting to the GoPro Remote. Using the remote I am able to start/stop recording. I can also power off/on the camera but not consistently power on the camera. When I power off the camera using the remote and try to power on the camera the remote shows the "search" mode continuously and never powers on the camera. This happens randomly. 

I bought the camera and remote specifically for this use case. 

I do love gopro but I'm starting to look at alternatives for this specific use case. This camera looks to have some good reviews: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HGM33HG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Highlighted
Sightseer

Same problem here.

3 camera. 1 hero 7, 2 hero 5. Cameras randomly discinnetcs and reconnects to the smart remote...

Really frustrating :(