Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Gopro hero 7 black and smart remote and app issue

Since I have seen no confirmation that this issue has been resolved I will be testing with other cameras. My specific use case is that the camera is mounted on an airplane out of view of the pilot. The pilot needs a simple remote to start and stop recording. 

Testing feedback on AKASO EK7000: https://www.amazon.com/AKASO-EK7000-Sports-Waterproof-Camcorder/dp/B01HGM33HG/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=ak...

First impression is that that camera it self is not as good as gopro. AKASO sells better cameras but I went cheap just for testing the remote. 

Disadvantage is that there is no indicator on the remote whether or not you are recording. Seems simple to remember whether or not you hit the record button. For pilots flying an airplane focus needs to be on flying. 

The Advantage is that you can press Shutter button followed by the Video button to either Start recording or Continue recording. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

Unfortunate this product is so unreliable, it renders it useless. I hope GoPro dos something to make it right

Highlighted
Tourist

Over a year and they haven't acknowledged there's a problem... Sorry to say, "I wouldn't hold your breath".

Highlighted
Sightseer

Time to post in youtube..so pisst off by this 😡