Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Gopro hero 7 black and smart remote and app issue

I feel your pain.  A few posts above, some guy from GoPro says "please kindly check this thread"...  Unless it's possible for GoPro to do a massive firmware update and restructure the menu to include choosing either "Use Current Remote", "Use New Remote" and "Use GoPro App" to keep the cameras from searching this problem will never be resolved.  Anything short of this GoPro tells you is designed to waste your time and keep them from having to acknowledge someone just plain screwed up when the designed this camera.  

Tourist

Anyone here planning to test Hero 8 in the near future? 

Sightseer

2 GoPro Black 7. 

I have the same exact issue.

How on earth is this possible that after a year, we still have this issue? I don't get it GoPro.

These cameras are expensive, and we got them because we think they will work.

I have tried to use them on a UTV, so just imagine you are out there for a full day, what are your options? a) let it records for about an hour and miss the rest of the day or b) get out of a UTV every time something exciting is happening and turn on and then record on both cameras.... just nonsense.

GoPro, please, please, fix this.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I'm so frustrated right now from this issue and I've wasted so many hours and suffered multiple failed recordings.  I've got two H7 black (fully updated and reset) and the Smart remote (latest update) with totally unreliable connectivity between them (following the reset and pairing procedures linked earlier).  

GoPro, can you acknowledge the issue exists, and that you either have a plan to fix it, or not?  That will inform me if I should wait for the fix or to divest of GoPro products.  Right now your company is Smiley Mad for listing the Smart remote and H7 black as compatible when it absolutely does not work.

Is there any other way to trigger both the cameras to start recording at the same time (without Smart remote, like a different product)?   

Hiker

I have been having the same issue for nearly 2 years.  GPH7Blk and GP5Session.  the connection with the GP5Session is very stable however as soon as i introduced the GPH7Blk into the equation frutstration began.  The wifi connection keeps dropping off.  the problem is with the GP7 wifi as it will 

Hiker

read the reviews on the 8 - everything i read says DONT bother.  basically the same camera with a different case system.  not worth the money.

best camera i got was the Session5. dependable.  i got the 7 because of the GPS and now, because of all the problems with QUICK for Mac i've stopped using the interface so the GPS is not as useful as i have to use 3rd party s/w

Hiker

...drop even the connection on my iphone.  i get that there may be interference challenges but all of my other device are able to do a smart connection using the cleanest channel.  perhaps there is only 1 or 4 channels avail for GPH7.  My Mavic as over 12 channels in the 2.4 and 5G range and it switches without any issues.

Tourist

It's terrible that GoPro missed the mark so badly on this camera with regards to the remote. The rest of the camera is pretty great but I sure hate wishing at times I had all me Hero 3+ Blacks back... GoPro won't even say there's a problem. Guessing they don't want to buy back a pile of cams...