Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Gopro hero 7 black - All footage-transfer to my PC appears to fail, stuck with no way to deload.

[ New ]

Hello! I bought a Gopro hero 7 black about a year ago. Right from the start, I noticed that when I tried to transfer footage from my camera to my PC (Windows 10, 64-bit), via Quik and the USB-C cable, the camera froze, and did not respond to anything, and I could't take any files from it. I had to pull out the battery to take it out of the frozen state, then restart it. I was somewhat confused, but decided to just use the method of ejecting the memory card and use a card adapter to transfer it to the computer that way, which worked for a while, but now that method seems to be gone too, as the Quik program freezes at the very start of "Initializing import - importing from Gopro hero 7 black". 

I've tried pulling the card out, inserting it into diffirent ports, but it never makes it past "initializing import". So now Im stuck with no way to take the footage off the camera to work with it.

So, what do you think? Is my memory card broken? Is my camera broken? Does the regular warranty cover a repair, or did I shoot myself in the foot by not taking it back straight away when I noticed the USB transfer error? Can you transfer files via Wifi to the PC? What would you have done?

GoPro

Re: Gopro hero 7 black - All footage-transfer to my PC appears to fail, stuck with no way to deload.

[ New ]

Hi @johanw80657

Would you mind uploading the files manually?

Copy the files to a folder on your computer using an SD card adapter.

Once done, open Quik then add it as a Media Folder.

How to Add Media Folders in Quik for desktop

You may also try the steps on Quik for desktop Crashes while Opening Create Mode 

Thanks!

Ej