Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Gopro hero 7 Black overheat after New firmware update 1.70

Hi. Just want to pointed out after my latest update to the v. 1.70 gopro only allow me to record about 12 minutes then notification of over heated appear and shutdown. Was it meant to be heated more to cater the use in low temperature environment? Also i will need to disable auto light function to prevent the video freezing when ending the video it freeze each time I press to stop recording. Previous firmware 1.61 not having this issue at all. But unfortunately those above said issues start to happend even through I downgraded to v. 1.61 (been resetting few time but issue not solved, wish I never update to 1.71 and regrets it). All update done manually and micro sd card sandisk extreme pro v30 A1.
Hiker

Re: Gopro hero 7 Black overheat after New firmware update 1.70

Update: ending video freezing as well if protube turning on. I only can now using my gopro with auto low light off with protine off. I using Gimbal feiyutech g6 plus. Previous version 1.61 working fine until latest update 1.70. Anyone facing the same issue like me? Any solution will be very much appreciated. Tq
Tourist

I have the same problem , can someone please help .
Hiker

@costinalex. Hmmm. None of the gopro team reply to this. Great job gorpo. I think as long we post to the forum they will notified about the issue. Hoping the next update will solved the issue. Or else my Gimbal will be useless.
Nomad

If overheating is occuring and you're using a Gimbal, have you also turned off the stabilization in the GoPro camera itself?  The more you reduce the workload on the camera, the cooler it will run.  

Hiker

Previous firmware 1.61 works great although stabilisation is turn on. Version 1.7 both turn on and off stabilisation experience heat up. And Gimbal start stop button not working well most the time ending video experience freezing.
Tourist

I lost the old firmware file(1.61) , can you please give me a link where I can download the update ?

GoPro

Hi @costinalex,

Sorry but we don't have a copy of the older version. 

Regards,

-Jay