Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Gopro hero 6 not charging

The camera is not getting charged, used different chargers to see if any thing works, but no use.

I have followed all the trouble shooting steps from support page, reset the cammera, used 5V-2A battery with the gopro cable provided

NOTHING WORKS!!

This is not the first time, has happened before also, charging the device has become a challenge, works on luck!! 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Gopro hero 6 not charging

Hello @sunny15593

In addition to what was already mentioned, please also see if the camera will power on if connected directly to a power source and without its battery. If it does, there is a high chance that the battery itself is defective. Is this is the case, our Support team will be able to help you with further steps. You can call or chat with them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

SOrry to hear your gopro has a charging issue, if you do not want to  send in the camera for warranty hten  maybe buying a gopro external charger may do the trick for you?

Highlighted
Sightseer

Why do I waste some more money on charger. I have a charger which has aforementioned output as specified by GoPro.

There's some problem with camera I guess, I would want to get that solved.

Highlighted
Backpacker

my Hero 6 is very fussy about what USB-C lead you use, it does charge with some aftermarket leads but only when at certain angles etc

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @sunny15593

In addition to what was already mentioned, please also see if the camera will power on if connected directly to a power source and without its battery. If it does, there is a high chance that the battery itself is defective. Is this is the case, our Support team will be able to help you with further steps. You can call or chat with them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards, 
Marius

Highlighted
Backpacker

as a side note to my comment about being fuusy about the USB-C lead, even if its not got any red leds on if i turn the camera on it shows the symbol to say its on external power

Many thanks Duane

Highlighted
GoPro

That is true, @duanem8. I have observed this too.