Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Gopro hero 6 hangs

Hi, this happened twice while using in a pool without a case since it wasn’t deeper than 10 meters. While recording or taking pictures it hang and in front screen was a repair tool icon. Software version is the latest and SIM card is Sandisk Extreme 64GB micro SD V30 A2. Will appreciate support

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Gopro hero 6 hangs

Hi @conjus

Please proceed with the manual update.

Re-flashing the software corrects issues that may have been encountered on the previous installation.

1. Go to the HERO6 Black update page.
  2. Under "Other ways to update" at the base of the page, click "Update your camera manually."
  3. Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
  4. Click "Download Update."
  5. Click "Click here to download firmware."
  6. Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!
Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Explorer

Perform a FULL format of your SD card in your computer (not quick) and do a manual update.

Also, when using the camera in water, be sure to lock the rear LCD.
Highlighted
Tourist

Thks for your support. I have a MacBook, which is the app I need to do that? Manual update would be in the Gopro camera? tried that but when I get there I get message to use the app for updates. I have version 02.01, isn't it the latest?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @conjus,

Please check this link and follow manual update steps: https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/software-update-instructions-for-hero6-black

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

Thks, I have downloaded the app for Mac and it says I have the latest version. I guess there's nothing else I can do. I have already done a FULL format of SD card as suggested by other user.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @conjus

Please proceed with the manual update.

Re-flashing the software corrects issues that may have been encountered on the previous installation.

1. Go to the HERO6 Black update page.
  2. Under "Other ways to update" at the base of the page, click "Update your camera manually."
  3. Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
  4. Click "Download Update."
  5. Click "Click here to download firmware."
  6. Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!
Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Thks a lot, it did work and manually update was already done! Should I remove UPDATE folder from micro SD? 

Highlighted
Explorer

If the manual update ran successfully, the UPDATE folder should no longer appear.  Whether it is on the card or not, performing a SD card format in the camera Preferences>Reset followed by a factory rest of the camera is a good idea (the firmware update will not be effected).