Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Gopro hero 6 front lens water leak

Hi all

can any confirm if water going inside the gopro here 6 lens cover is normal.

Tested the gopro hero 6 in water, and after drying, taking lens cover off water appears on the body lens and lens cover.

This does not seem normal, to confirm lens cover is put back on correctly

lens cover

Body

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Gopro hero 6 front lens water leak

Hi @icebw22,

You should be good to go. If water is making its way to your lens in the future get in touch with our Support Team directly:

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best,

Ryan

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @icebw22,

Is there any water on the lens itself or just around the lens? If you look where that seal is just the portion inside should be dry.

Best,

Ryan

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi @ryanv12566  

Water appears only on the inside of the lens cover and body (not on the lens itself).

The water appears on the lens cover on the black plastic surface, there doesn't seem to be water on the lens cover itself

Hence I worry there's something wrong with camera or seal causing leakage.

see image, might be easier to explain

Inkedimage3_LI.jpg

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @icebw22,

You should be good to go. If water is making its way to your lens in the future get in touch with our Support Team directly:

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best,

Ryan

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi there, bought the Gopro this year as a pressie for me and overall veery good until you get it in the water, so for something that is designed to be used in water it cant technically be called waterproof if it is showing signs of water ingress on the lens, so this is my problem and it seems like many others on here, when you design and market an itemit should be able to do what it says on the tin...ie "WATERPROOF" but if it has water on theinside of the lense then to me .it is not waterproof, then to bring ut a fix that you have to purchase to combat the water ingress tells me that it has a design flaw, and the fix that you have to purchase is proof that there is water ingress, if this was a car or say an electrical item the company would have to re adress the situation and make good not sell you something to fix it, as a camera it is ok but as an underwater camera it is not able to acheive that function unless you purchase a fix pack and you spend hours cleaning the watter off after 

$ days after the event and there is still signs of water/Condensation on lense 

Highlighted
Tourist

tried to adress this issue but it wont allow me to post, as there are issues with it but does not highlight the issue, i have also left a message with customer support ,and as of yet no reply , tried to pohone mainland uk but got a message saying " please call back at 6 to 6 monday to fridays and 7-4 saturdays and sundays that call was made at 11.55 uk time on saturday ............

Highlighted
Adventurer

bolt  door,  and bolt lens done its waterproof. and then we start hearing members saying I can't use my camera because it came charged and I can not find an opening to charge  her.......