Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Gopro hero 5 water leak and red light of death.

[ New ]

Hi! I have been using my gopro hero 5 black as my adventure cam since January 2018. Today (sept 22,2018) I bought mine to the beach since it was "water proof" the problem then occured moments when i took pictures and some videos while swimming on the beach - the camera froze and them shuts down so I expected the battery died. When i tried to change my battery, water came out from the battery opening as well as from the ports itself. I've been wondering how come water came in when the cam was sealed tight because i put it in its frame. Now the camera is still not turning on and when i tried to pop in the battery, the red light just turns on and nothing happens. 

Im using all original gopro accessories.

any tips on how to avail the warranty and if it is covered by the warranty since they dont have official GoPro stores here in the Philippines. 

Thanks!

-vin

GoPro

Re: Gopro hero 5 water leak and red light of death.

[ New ]

Hi @epicdusk53063

I am sorry to hear about what happened with your camera. While water damaged cameras are usually not covered by the standard warranty, we still want to look into what happened.

Please coordinate with our Support Team regarding this. As each incident is treated uniquely, they may ask you for pictures of the camera and/or mount that was used and other additional information to help us determine what we can do to extend our help.

You may reach out to them via phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Update as of 09/27/18 the camera still wont charge or wont turn on but everytime I tried inserting the battery, the red light in all corners come on steady. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @epicdusk53063

Thank you for going through the recommended steps. The next path forward would be to engage our Support team so they can help determine whether the camera is faulty. You can connect with them via phone or chat here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards, 
Marius