Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Gopro hero 5 water in front lcd

I have not tried caning yet. But I will say before posting that first message I tried to get on gopro site to see if I could get in touch with them using chat. I tried on and off throughout a 2 hour period in the afternoon. Each time I submitted my info to begin chat it would say that all reps were busy in red. No luck getting in touch with anyone from gopro. If you work for them you're the closest one been to having any communication with someone on gopro's payroll.
Highlighted
Adventurer

Exactly.    way to lose a lot of Business if asked, big time.   Hey I don't work for gopro but I do monitor and manage a site.  

Highlighted
Tourist

He Guys,

Just a quick update about my case. I contacted Gopro by phone during my holiday, there are some phonenumbers listed on their website. Once you explain the situation, they will make a ticket (case#) for you. 

In my case they accepted it as a potential productiondefault and did some further research after I send all information and photos as requested. Within 2 days I got a message (+ instructions) that they would replace my Gopro. I just got home so I have to schedule a pick up with UPS. To my understandig they will repair/replace my Gopro without any additional cost.

So far, I think they handled my request in a professional manner. Their staff has been very understanding and helpfull. However, I did also have some difficulties getting in touch with them. Felt a bit like a blackbox to me at first. 

Regarding your question about which one is better; GP 4/5. I am not sure. I did however notice that there are a lot of similar cases with the GP 5, not as much with the 4. I hope they will update the GP 5, or at least the casing, to prevent this from happening again. 

Best regards,

D.

Highlighted
Adventurer

Great to hear  Yes  they are great when yo don't get upset and yell at them ... things work out quite well. takes time but some have no time.....  I  agree sounds like they abandoned but are way to busy trying to catch up

Highlighted
Sightseer

That happened to me too :( The front camera has water and is not working. And I use it everytime with the cage, to force me to fully close everything.

I have been trying to get help from the support team through Live Chat but I haven't had any luck.

Additionally, the touchscreen stopped working too! I have the camera for months now. 

Can anyone help me? Will need the camera fully working in one week!

Highlighted
Sightseer

[ Edited ]

LUnfortunate!
I was going to buy a GoPro 5 this week but I can see that there are many cases of water entering the camera in a variety of ways, even following the advice and sealing them properly before entering the water. Is a camera waterproof that can not get into the water? Misleading advertising? Am I required to buy the waterproof case? The vendors told you not to enter the sea without the watertight box, even if it's a meter deep!
I live in Brazil, have warned that use in the sea, never, which gives the problem often water entry into GoPro. And when it does not get water from the metal of the battery compartment rust. Absurd GoPro, which uses a good stainless steel?
In Brazil PROCON does not allow to launch such a product.
GoPro, please, love GoPro!
But ... it's totally losing reliability. I have a GoPro HD HERO (GoPro 1, first generation) running perfectly.
I miss them when they were indestructible and trustworthy. I use it to this day, in the surf, hang gliding, sailing, montain bike, ocean kayak ... and she NEVER gave a problem.
But the case is waterproof, lenses ... sometimes I have to change because of the fence, high impact, and I want a better image.
GoPro, please, what do I do? Can I trust GoPro hero5 black? Are you going to solve these manufacturing problems?
Here's a suggestion: test, a lot, before you put it on the market. Do not worry about the launch time, with competitors as GoPro users, so far, are still loyal to the brand.
I love GoPro, but I think it's time for you to go back to manufacturing a reliable product. The policy of remedying, launching a problem product with the exchange, and generating a loss for both parties compromises the credit and reliability of GoPro .
In short, will I buy it? If I buy, will I use it in the sea without a watertight box? If I get water, will I not be able to wait for weeks waiting for the exchange and still have damage to the mail?
Convince me it's worth it, it's reliable and I'll buy it later this week.
Regards,
Eloy

Highlighted
Adventurer

the killer is we all should not have bought a waterproof  hero 5 and stuck with the hero 4 and its case.   but in orderto makegopro happy we did.   

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi,

Just used my go pro hero 5 black for the 2nd time today and exact same problem has arisen.
Camera current working fine but front lcd has water in and is no longer working.
Guess i will contact go pro and see if they can resolve the issue. Not something i expected from them