Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Gopro hero 5 video has no sound.

Same problem here! Just bought the Hero 6. Audio worked fine the first week and then from one video to the other no sound anymore.

I tried setting it back to factory settings no luck. Turned off Quickcapture doenst work either.

Really annoying problem!
Highlighted
Tourist

This is happening on the 6 too? I just returned the 5 and got the 6 cause I thought it would solve the issue. Haven't seen the problem yet but that sucks!

Highlighted
Sightseer

Yeah it does! When im back home ill try to do the manuel update and change the microSD. See what happens...

Ill keep you guys posted!
Highlighted
Sightseer

So,

Tried manual update --> no luck.

Tried new MicroSD card (Sandisk Extreme 64gb -Wr 100mb/s -rd 60mb/s) --> no luck.

I going back with it and see what they are going to say.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Thanks so much!  The factory reset worked!

Highlighted
Tourist

I've experienced exactly the same problem with my Hero 5 black. Been recording some enduro riding and two videos out of twelve has no sound. When turning the volume up extremely high on my home amplifier, I can hear some weak sound coming through now and then, which means the sound has been more or less recorded but the file is somehow broken or poor.

Anyone know how to fix the problem?

Highlighted
Tourist

Been using the Quick Capture too when having the sound issues and was thinking the same, that the camera doesn't manage to save all the data before it shuts off, alt doesn't manage to start all functions before starts recording.

Anyone had the sound problem when first starting the camera with the power button and then letting it run a while when saving the videos?
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @pedere0862

Please try to set your Mic to Auto. 
You may also try to Turn off and on Quick Capture. 

If that won't work Reset the camera to Factory Settings. 

Let me know if that will help. 

Regards, 

-Jay