Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Gopro hero 5 video has no sound.

"Soft sales of Hero5 Black".

Looks good on them. 

This just goes to show that bad reviews can and will have an effect on GoPro or any other company that sells an expensive product with serious quality issues. 

What's bewildering is that they reduced the price of a faulty product rather than put an effort into fixing the "no sound" issue.  That is really stupid businiess practices.  Why would people buy a crappy product even at half the price?  The "no sound" issue is a very serious problem.

Fix the sound issues GoPro!

Highlighted
Hiker

I have theory with pretty strong possibility to be true...

They know what's wrong with GP5 sound issue. They know it very good, but they also know that this is something bad with hardware that can't be fixed with only firmware update. It requies lot of time, money and production process to be done.

Another recall is imposible because it will push them into grave, so they stay quiet and keep on selling.

It's very possible due to no official voice of GoPro in this case and in this topic.

Highlighted
Hiker

Could very well be the case. 

Shunning complaints about the product and pretending it's not an issue is just another step toward total failure in due course.  One would think that their managers would have a graps of the consequences of "word of mouth" and comments on public forurms? 

The world isn't as big as it used to be and there are far fewer places for companies to hide from their errors and shabby business conduct. 

GoPro have taken a turn for the worst, which is no longer of importance to me.  The sold me a piece of junk and won't do anything to remedy the problem = CUSTOMER LOST.  As well as the creation of vocal ex-customers more than willing to protect other prospective GoPro customers from making the same mistake. 

Bitter customers do not bode well for GoPro.

Highlighted
Tourist

Does the Hero 6 have this issue? I would be willing to return mine and pay the extra if that's the case....but with GoPro ignoring this issue I am a little hesitant to get involved with the company 8-(

Highlighted
Hiker

Why would you take the chance? 

The writing is clearly on the wall that GoPro are not a stand up company.  If they had any concerns about quality issues and customer satisfaction, at the very least, they'd acknowledge this problem and publicly admit to the issue.   Alternatively, they've chosen to either ignore the problem completely and/or mislead customers with "no sound" issues.

I'd definitely not buy another GoPro product until the company addresses this issue and satisfies all effected customers. 

Shelling out hundreds of dollars for an "iffy" camera is taking an unecessary risk.  I wouldn't do it. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

So I experience this a couple of time and it appeared somewhat randomly but two clips had the volume dropping to nothing when moving to a windy/high ambient noise environment and another come from virtual silence to normal as the ambient noise / wind dimished.   

Also from reading these posts I turned the playback volume right up and could hear audio.   I used videolouder.com website to try and increase the volume and the audio is there.

So Ive looked at the settings and at the moment the microphone setting is on auto.  So I'm going to set it to the manual setting and see if it still happens.   But I shot a loud of  clips in the same environment and all but the last set of clips appeared to work just fine.   

So that may be a potential pointer to the problem cause or at least how to recover some audio from those clips that appear to have no audio.

Highlighted
Tourist

I agree completely ... my GP5 worked fine for a very long time nd then just recently (yesterday) I shot a series of training videos which are now completely useless becuase there is no sound and it is impossible to read the instructor's lips since the camera was focused on the material and not him speaking.  I started with a GP3 Back and it was and still is fine ... but lacks the hi res and stabilization features of the 5 ... the only way I would consider continuing to do business with Go pro would be if they either issued a fix for the five or a cheap 50-100 upgrade to a 6 including a guarantee that the 6 will not have similar issue and whatever issue future cameras might have GoPro WILL NOT ignore them or remain silent.  I am beyond DISAPPOINTED - I'M PISSED and will not do business with acompany that refuses to back their product and honor their customers as their most valuable asset ....... soon they won't have any and recognize too late that they are nw in a death spiral.

Highlighted
Hiker

Well, they are in death spiral :(. They will be sold and maybe then, they will be forced to get to work.
And I would not even look at Hero6. H5 has only this anoying sound issue, but H6 i full of bugs. Even after new firmware update. Freeze after freez.