Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Gopro hero 5 video has no sound.

I too reported the sound problem. They never acknowledge that there is a problem. They proposed to go back to factory settings. The problem is that it only happens from time to time and I don't know if the problem is really fixed because hidden circumstances might hide the problem. It's a shame that they seem to be totally uninterested in the problem fixing. This will put them out of business in the long run.

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

I just saw the post from another unhappy customer, who asked for insight into GoPro's handling of the problem and I'm in full agreement with his request.

Highlighted
Tourist

a

Highlighted
Tourist

My sd card is this at the photo.The update was succeful and was done with quik software and windows10 PC.

DSCN0405.JPG
Highlighted
Hiker

Ryanv12566:

I asked you a simple question yesterday.

Any chance of a response concerning the no sound problems many of us are having?

Don't think we're asking too much. We shelled out a lot of money for these cameras and all we're asking is for a fix or, at the very least, advice that GoPro knows there's a problem and are looking into it.
Avoiding us will not make the problem go away. Nor will the bad press do anything positive for sales of your products.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @epicridge23086,

I apologize for not seeing your response! In the future if you use the @ other users will be able to see that they have been tagged in your post. I checked with our Support Team and they are not aware of any issues like this.

It would be best to get in touch with our Support Team by Phone or Chat so they can take a look at your camera specifically. If there is an issue with the camera they can look at warranty options for you: https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus

Best,

Ryan

Highlighted
Hiker

I had many audio problems with 3 units of Hero4 (2x silver, 1x black in row had helicopter noise when wifi was on) and now with 2x Hero 5.

After Hero 6 came out I didn't bought it only because I no longer thrust to GoPro.

Why, why I should buy Hero6? International shipping is expensive and no one will bring me all this money back.

Shame on you gopro...

Finance problems of GoPro company are not because world is unfair. It's because GoPro is hard working for what happens. Let's see how this will end ;].

Highlighted
Hiker

" I checked with our Support Team and they are not aware of any issues like this."

Have to say that's difficult to understand. There have been many, many complaints on this forum alone and a number of people have returned their Hero5 Blacks due to this no sound on recordings issue. How can they possibly claim they are unaware of it?

Suggest that GoPro staff wake up and smell the coffee. This is a serious issue that needs to be addressed. There is no sense nor advantage for GoPro to pretend this problem does not exist. I will be returning my camera in due course. In the meantime, I'm hoping that GoPro acknowledges this problem and concentrate on a firmware fix or sends out a recall for defective cameras.