Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Gopro hero 5 video has no sound.

[ New ]

Problem with your solution is that there is no sound playback when movies are downloaded to the computer.  There is no sound on the files downloaded directly from the card and no sound after converting files.  Accordingly, your fix is ineffective.   What's most annoying with this "no sound" problem is that it's intermittent.  You never know when it will happen.  I had it happen again just the other day on a video that was very important to me.  This camera will be going back to GoPro soon enough.  

It would be appreciated if GoPro would simply man-up and acknowldedge there is a problem and tell us that they're working on a solution.  Deliberatly dodging, avoiding and/or ignoring the no sound issue is not doing anything to bolster public confidence in their products nor after sales service.  I'm very much disappointed in GoPro so far. 

As a matter of fact, I've had two people who were thinking of buying a GoPro ask me what my opinion was of my Hero5 Black.  I advised them to hold off on buying a GoPro simply for the reasons above. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

I am having the exact same problem, finding it really frustrating! I've noticed that in particular mine seems not to record sound when on the grip, anyone else noticed this at all? 

Only purchased it a few weeks ago and I'm really disappointed in my gopro. I will try a reset and see how it does. 

Anonymous

[ New ]

Have same problem!

OMG how bad it is, can't believe it!!! happened today...

Few weeks was waiting for a meeting.. to happen. And planed to record it with GoPro Hearo 5 Black, IT WAS VERY IMPORTANT TO RECORD!!!!!!!

Meeting took 3hours in skype. I recorded 720p 30fps... after meeting i played  one of the videos - and you know what? (you probably know, what happened) THERE IS NO SOUND IN ANY OF THE FILES AT ALL - not even a noise of a touching camera and placing other side!!!!!

double/triple/quadro/... checked files, even I opened them in Adobe Priemier, and other sofwares to check sound track... Gues what!!!!! Yes you are right! it's fckn SILENT like in SPACE! I just can't believe it, i can't!!!

Sorry, GoPro, but i need to say:

I WILL NEVER BUY IT AGAIN!

WILL NEVER SUGGEST TO ANYONE, AND EVEN THE OPPOSITE!!!

OMG, STILL CAN'T BELIEVE!!!

Anonymous

[ New ]

Same problem here. Some of the videos don't have sound. I verified that the SanDisk Card is listed. I'll try to log a ticket with the support now (however after my experience with the Karma Grip Update Problem, I doubt that anything good will happen).

Bernd

PS "Quality means the customer comes back, not the products." (Guess what I think about GoPro ...)

Hiker

[ New ]

Had another valuable video happen with no sound just a few days ago.  Extremely frustrating!!!

I've been hoping for at least basic acknowledgement from GoPro that there's a sound problem issue.  Once the manufacturer admits there's a problem, one would think they're on the road to correcting it.  However, that does not appear to be the case.  Seems GoPro seems content to keep their heads in the sand thinking the problem will fix itself.   When sales fall off, they might deal with this?

My plan is to hold out for a few more months waiting for GoPro to develope a firmware fix that might remedy the problem.  Sending the camera back now, only to receive another defective camera gets customers nowhere. 

LET'S GET ON THIS PROBLEM GOPRO!

My Hero5 Black will be going back to GoPro in the near future if a fix isn't made available to us dissastisfied customers.  In the meantime, I'll be dissuading anyone looking at buying a GoPro.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Hello to every one.When i turn on my camera first time with quick capture,the first video is ok.When i turn on second time my camera to shoot a second video,the video has not sound or terminateted imidiately by it seIf.I have turn of the quick capture mode for more reliable shooting.I notice also that the software or hardware (i don't now exactly) are very slow.If i turn on my camera with power button,i must wait 3-5 seconts before i push the record button to take a  reliable video.If i push the record button immidiately without wait 3-5 sec. does not record video or record video with no sound.So between actions i must wait  some seconds to have a reliable operation... I update my hero 5 black with the latest firmware at the problem exists.PRODUCTS MUST QUALITY TESTED AT THE FACTORY,NOT AT CUSTOMERS HANDS!!!! Man Mad

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @Anonymous,

What SD Card are you using? Was the manual update successful? Look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,

Ryan

Hiker

[ New ]

RyanV12566:

It appears you may be a representative from GoPro.  If so, what information to do have regarding the intermittent sound failures with the Hero5 Black? 

Has GoPro acknowledged the problem exists?  Is there a firmware/mechanical fix?   Some insight regarding GoPro's management of this problem will be appreciated by many unhappy customers.

Please advise.