Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

Gopro hero 5 video has no sound.

Hi experts!  I need your help.  Bought my hero 5 about a week ago.  Tested the video and sound was ok except that battery dies fast. Just yesterday, I've tested again my video and there was no sounds at all.  I need this sorted out before I fly overseas!

Need a quick reply please.  Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Gopro hero 5 video has no sound.

Hi @epicridge23086,

I apologize for not seeing your response! In the future if you use the @ other users will be able to see that they have been tagged in your post. I checked with our Support Team and they are not aware of any issues like this.

It would be best to get in touch with our Support Team by Phone or Chat so they can take a look at your camera specifically. If there is an issue with the camera they can look at warranty options for you: https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus

Best,

Ryan

View solution in original post

All Replies
Backpacker

Great question @Anonymous.

So one your GoPro, if

you swipe down on that menu,

you can enable or disable sounds. 

GoPro

@Anonymous, 

Have you tried running a factory reset to the camera from the Preferences menu or updating it to the latest firmware? 

Anonymous

I have the same issue and I have done the factory reset and I followed the directions on the firmware update.  Version number is 01.55

None of my videos have ever had sound... the GoPro is brand new.

Anonymous

Nevermind.  It's the Quik app that doesn't play the sound with the video.  Not an issue on the camera.

Tourist

I had the same experience PIKOTERZ. But I did have a solution to fix. First, turn off the GoPro Hero 5. Second, take out your SD card (Memory Card) from your GoPro Hero 5. Third, turn on your GoPro Hero 5 again and restart the factory (In preference). Fifth, After that put your SD Card in and watch the videos. That way my GoPro Hero 5 worked. Audio came out from the videos. If you are not sure what to do watch the video on YouTube called (GoPro Hero 5 audio fix).

Thank you.
Tourist

Sorry editing problems.

I had the same experience PIKOTERZ. But I did have a solution to fix it. First, turn off the GoPro Hero 5. Second, take out your SD card (Memory Card) from your GoPro Hero 5. Third, turn on your GoPro Hero 5 again and restart the factory (In preference) when you restart your GoPro Hero 5 you need to go throgh the demo setting. Fifth, After that put your SD Card in and watch the videos. That way my GoPro Hero 5 worked. Audio came out from the videos. If you are not sure what to do watch the video on YouTube called (GoPro Hero 5 audio fix).

Thank you.
Sightseer

Hello

Try this, it works for me

While watching video on camera, you'll see the line on the bottom of the screen, swipe to the top and you'll see the audio control, and just increase the volume if it's not.
Hope that will works