Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Gopro hero 5 video has no sound.

Hey! I was experiencing some sound issues with my Gopro as well (I only purchased it two days ago). After some experimenting and a factory reset, I think I found a glitch with the camera's volume control when playing back video recordings. The volume slider is accessed by swiping up when the video is being played and it will sometimes show that the volume is on 50% but there is no audible sound. If you move the slider, however, magically, the audio is discernible again. I haven't quite figured out how to consistently recreate this. It just seems to be a fluke. IDK why it is like that, but that seems to be the issue with mine. Maybe check to see if that is the issue on yours, too. Hope this helps someone!

Highlighted
Hiker

Not the issue, problems with the video file itself not having sound on
Highlighted
Hiker

Correct.  No sound period.  There nothing to adjust. 

Would be nice if GoPro would acknowledge this problem and issue a notice advising people that they're aware of it and working toward a solution, or a notice to recall defective cameras.

Highlighted
Hiker

They are claiming that mine is a one off but it's obvious from feedback on here that it isn't, only choice we have is to raise a ticket and RMA the camera
Highlighted
Hiker

What does "RMA" stand for? I assume it means return to manufacturer. I've just never seen the acronym "RMA" before.

Trying to pretend the problem doesn't exist will not bode well for GoPro. Time for them to man-up and deal with the issue. All of this bad press will be nothing but harmful for sales. I know I will not be quick to recommend buying a Gopro5 Black considering my issues and GoPro's reluctance to be proactive dealing with this problem.
Highlighted
Hiker

What about beeps? Or only video sound lost? Is this similar problem - https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/GoPro-5-no-audio-and-beeps-Mechanical-or-software-problem/td-... ?

Highlighted
Tourist

same problem here dude!!!! :-(

Highlighted
Hiker

Does anyone from GoPro participate in these conversations?  One would think it would be a good place for them to get a sense of customer satisfaction and concerns? 

WOULD BE NICE FOR GOPRO TO ACKNOWLEDGE THIS PROBLEM AND GIVE US SOME IDEA OF WHEN THERE WILL BE A FIX!!!!

Is anyone aware of a formal complaint process to report issues with GoPro products?  Seems fruitless to send defective cameras back to GoPro only to receive another defective camera in return.  

Would have been nice if my camera had malfunction within the 30 day money back guarantee period.  If it had, this thing would be history.   Missed in by only a couple days........