Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

Gopro hero 5 stopped at 66% in update

I have a Gopro hero 5, i was updating my camera through the Gopro Quik app, the update stopped at 66% and it stood like that for awhile, then i tried to turn off my camera to restart the update, but then my camera died and now i cant turn it on or do anything with it.. Please help

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Gopro hero 5 stopped at 66% in update

Had same problem, never got it to update when on my Macs browser using the Gopro computer app. Did find a how-to "FINALLY" on the Gopro site that had me use the Iphone app and do it wirelessy, and that finally worked.

https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/How-to-Update-Camera-Software-Wirelessly-With-the-GoPro-App

Have not used my Gopro for awhile. Gopro needs to take a lesson from Apple and figure out a better ease of use for their products.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @Anonymous,

If you are having some issues with that camera give these steps a try!

1. Perform a hard reset on the camera.
    • HERO5 Black:
      • Remove and reinsert the battery.
  2. Please ensure that your charging source meets our charging guidelines, then fully charge the camera battery.
  3. Disconnect from the charger and perform another hard reset (step #1).
  4. Visit our HERO5 Black update page, and click on "Update your camera manually" at the base of the page. 
  5. Follow the web instructions to update your camera. 

Best,

Ryan

Highlighted
Tourist

Update stops ag 66%.  I have taken my battery and SD card out twice and re-inserted them and when I returned to UPDATE the same thing happens.  It stopps at 66%.  Why?  What can I do?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hey @granddive24404,

What SD Card are you using?

Best,

Ryan

Highlighted
Sightseer

Had same problem, never got it to update when on my Macs browser using the Gopro computer app. Did find a how-to "FINALLY" on the Gopro site that had me use the Iphone app and do it wirelessy, and that finally worked.

https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/How-to-Update-Camera-Software-Wirelessly-With-the-GoPro-App

Have not used my Gopro for awhile. Gopro needs to take a lesson from Apple and figure out a better ease of use for their products.

Hope this helps!