Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

Gopro hero 5 doesn't turn on

Hello friends.
I'm a heavy user with any gopro... But never had a problem like this.
I have the hero 5 for 10 months, and yesterday for the first time, it didn't turn on. No visible links of water, just stopped responding. I switch the battery, press all the button configuration that I know, and finally it turned on. Stayed for 30 seconds and black screen, and than turned off. When I connected it with several USB c it shrill didn't fire on. The back light near the screen is working even if I don't charge it with one battery, and not with the other..
Lots of problems... What can I do next?!?
Thanks
Shahar

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Gopro hero 5 doesn't turn on

Hi @glmontezano

If your camera is not powering on, there could be a fault with the camera, charging method, SD card, or there could be a loose connection somewhere.  We have some tips for you to try that should clear up the issue for you.

Kindly refer to the these links:

HERO5 Session Will Not Power On

HERO5 Black Will Not Power On

Should it still be the same, please contact our Support Team to further check on this. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

EJ

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Anonymous

same problem and I just bought it 2 days ago
Highlighted
Anonymous

I tried to reach the support team by phone still no answer after 2 hours
Highlighted
Sightseer

Same problem.....Unfortunately, I had the opportunity to take only some pics...I've tried change the battery, however, no results!

Overheat and......don't turn on again

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @glmontezano

If your camera is not powering on, there could be a fault with the camera, charging method, SD card, or there could be a loose connection somewhere.  We have some tips for you to try that should clear up the issue for you.

Kindly refer to the these links:

HERO5 Session Will Not Power On

HERO5 Black Will Not Power On

Should it still be the same, please contact our Support Team to further check on this. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

EJ